Chapter Thirteen

After spending the whole day at the fair you fell asleep as soon as your head touched your pillow. You hadn't made it to your house until a little after midnight. Your parents weren't too pleased with you being out that late but they didn't scold you for too long before letting you slip away to your room since it had been clear how exhausted you were.

You felt like throwing your alarm through the window when it started ringing in the morning, but then you remembered why you had set it to begin with. You had wanted to leave your house as early as possible to go over to Kuroo's. You were hoping to spend pretty much the entire day with your friend.

You debated texting Kuroo but decided not to bother since he was always up before you in the mornings anyway. He was the most morning person you had ever met. You once tried to see if you could manage to piss him off one morning but only ended up pissing yourself off because of how cheerful he was despite you trying to annoy him.

When you made your way downstairs your brother was already seated at the kitchen table. You started making a bagel, not bothering to talk Isamu. You were better off not to interact with him if you wanted your day to start good.

You grabbed your breakfast and were about to leave the kitchen when you seemed to have caught Isamu's attention.

"Where are you going?" he asked curiously.

"To a friends house." you answered simply.

He rolled his eyes at you. "What friend?" he asked a little more insistently. You absolutely hated when he was up in your business. Mainly because he never actually cared about your answers, he was just being nosey to be annoying.

"None of your business." you replied before heading down the hallway.

"What if mom asks where you went." he called down the hallway after you.

"Then I'll text her if she needs to know." you replied, giving him the exact same amount of sass he had given you.

With that you left your house. You were actually still in a pretty good mood as you walked. Not much could ruin your happiness today because you were going to be building something new with Kuroo and his dad. If you could pick one way to spend every weekend it would be exactly how your day was going to be spent today.

It was only a minute or two later when you were knocking on Kuroo's front door. It opened almost instantly and you could see Kuroo's dad standing there.

"Y/n! Glad you're here! You are in charge of this one." he said as he opened the door wider for you to enter.

"Good one!" you said with a quick laugh.

"I'm not kidding, it's your turn. See if you can do better than when Tetsuro was in charge." he insisted.

Part of you got kind of excited at the idea of being in charge of a project. The other part of you was extremely nervous though. But neither Kuroo nor his dad would care if you messed up at all.

"It shouldn't be hard to be less of a mess than Tetsu was." you said with a cheeky grin. You absolutely loved teasing Kuroo even when he wasn't there to hear.

"Oh you really think you can do better?" you could practically hear Kuroo's grin on his voice. A second after you heard his voice he appeared from around the corner.

You grinned as you took a step towards the boy. "I definitely can." you teased.

"Wanna make a bet on that?" he questioned with a huge grin.

You smiled as an idea popped into your head. "I'll bet you your old notes from last year on it." you challenged. One thing about you and Kuroo was that neither of you could ever turn down the possibility of competition with each other.