Chapter 352: Frozen Lover 17

"Bixiao."

    The clear female voice seemed to come from the distant clouds and fell into Helian Xiao's ears.

    The tall and straight young man held a long sword in his hand. He was shocked when he heard the sound. He looked up and saw a woman in a lake blue skirt walking towards him in the snow.

    Layers of blue smoke fluttered lightly as she walked. The cold ice and snow surrounded her side like a flying elf, making her quiet and elegant face even brighter and more ethereal.

    She looked indifferent and gentle, as if she was at peace with the world, as if all the filth could not stain her in the slightest, as if she was really like a snow lotus blooming in the winter, holy and beautiful.

    Just like that day in Linzhou City, she walked towards him who was dying, and extended her hand of salvation to him, like a real savior, pulling him out of the quagmire of suffering...

    But in the end, it was she who pushed him into the endless abyss!

    Why...

    Helian Xiao looked at the woman who was walking towards him, his eyes had already turned red.

    This time, Helian Xiao did not greet him as he did every time before. He tightened his grip on the sword slightly, but bowed his head and said nothing.

    Hatred and anger were surging in his chest, mixed with other inexplicable emotions, burning his heart like a raging fire, causing him unbearable pain.

    Jun Yan approached, seemingly unaware of his abnormality. She frowned and said straight to the point, "Did you forget your teacher's instructions? Why did you kill my senior sister just now?"

    "Senior sister?"

    Helian Xiao repeated the word sarcastically and questioningly. He did not answer Jun Yan's question, but asked another one, "Now everyone in the sect knows that my senior sister is carrying a heavenly spiritual weapon, but I don't know how long my senior sister can keep this treasure?"

    Jun Yan heard the hidden meaning in Helian Xiao's words, and she frowned, "My teacher will protect her. If anyone dares to covet her, he must first pass my test. I know you and Lian Qiao are not on good terms, but she is your senior sister after all. Since she has entered my sect, there is no reason for senior sisters and brothers to kill each other. Do you know your mistake in what happened today--"

    "What about me?"

    "Master? What about me?!" Just when Jun Yan wanted to continue questioning Helian Xiao, Helian Xiao interrupted her. He looked at her with red eyes and said excitedly in a trembling voice, "She has the protection of the master, but I... do you know... do you know..."

    Helian Xiao was choking at the end. His eyes were bloodshot and watery. His eyes were filled with pain, anger, hatred and grievance of not being favored.

    Why can Lian Qiao have the protection of the master, but he has lost his family...

    All this is because of Lingyun Sect.

    "What are you talking about?" Jun Yan seemed confused, not knowing where his emotions came from, "You are my apprentice, I will naturally protect you."

    "Heh..." Helian Xiao lowered his eyes, the corners of his eyes were red, he had nothing.

    Looking at the vast expanse of snow in front of him, Helian Xiao smiled desolately, "Master, have you ever heard of Chongshan Valley?"

    "Chongshan Valley?" Jun Yan frowned, thought for a moment before saying, "Of course I have heard of it. A thousand years ago, Chongshan Valley was a major sect of cultivation, but it was hidden from the world for unknown reasons hundreds of years ago, and it has not appeared in the world for hundreds of years. There were rumors that the reason Chongshan Valley hid from the world was because it obtained a rare secret treasure, and in order to avoid the secret treasure causing disputes and bloodshed in the world, it retired."