Kiana

22 - Kiana

I entered my apartment with a small englisch-Italian dictionary.
"Grazie mille," I said, pronouncing the two words that apparently mean "thank you very much".
I couldn't help but grin as I thought back to a few dirty words I had already picked up. I shook my head at myself and closed the door behind me.

Lost in thought, I didn't notice my father and went towards my room. I yawned and stretched my limbs.
I had worked so hard for the last three days.
I sighed.
I hadn't seen Rune much either. He seems to have a lot on his plate. When I did see him, he seemed stressed. I wonder if there are any problems he hasn't told me about? Yes, I'm sure there are. After all, he didn't tell me everything. I knew he still had secrets. I didn't ask any more questions. It was perhaps better that I didn't know everything. Safer for me.
I opened the door and opened my eyes wide.
"What's going on here?" I whispered, overwhelmed.
My whole room was full of bags and boxes from very, VERY expensive brands.
My eyes wandered over the packaging, my mouth agape. I saw Gucci, Prada, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Chanel and Saint Laurent. Shocked, I put my trembling hand over my mouth. All this stuff was worth thousands of dollars... Shit!
I turned away, walked quickly into the living room and ran into Dad, who was just leaving the living room.
I rubbed my nose and looked up at him.
"Dad! I swear I didn't order all this..."
He interrupted me by putting his hand on my shoulder.
"You," he began, clenching his teeth. He didn't look at me. "You've earned this too," he said tensely, then quickly pulled his hand away as if he wasn't allowed to touch me.
I raised my eyebrows.
What?!
Normally, he would have completely lost it.
Dad cleared his throat and walked past me. He put on his shoes and disappeared with a "I'm off."
I stood in the hallway, staring at the door, confused. He had been acting weird for over a week. I don't understand it. What happened that he didn't yell at me or hit me anymore? He also didn't come home drunk anymore. Whenever I saw him, he was at most drunk but never completely drunk, like before.

I went back to my room, deep in thought.
It was only now that I noticed the iPhone box lying on a Louis Vuitton box.
I opened it and the phone was already switched on.
It was the latest iPhone. This phone alone cost a thousand.
What's going on here?
I just looked at the speed dial and saw a number.
"The only one?" I tilted my head.
Until suddenly it clicked.
Rune!
My eyes wandered over all these expensive luxury items again.
He....
Suddenly my lower lip trembled and tears welled up in my eyes.
Rune had bought me all this.
That's why we were in the shopping mall a few days ago. I had already wondered why I was there. I thought he had just taken me along with him on his business trips. And while he was talking to the employee or owner of the store, I had looked around.
My eyes widened.
I put the phone down and opened the first box.
I had looked at a bag at Louis Vuitton and at Gucci.
I took a quick breath.
There it was, the bag, neatly wrapped.
I quickly looked for the Gucci bag. I also took the box out of it and opened it.
"Oh my God," I sobbed.
The bag was inside too.
I opened all the boxes and bags. There were trousers, dresses, tops, shoes, bags and even sunglasses. All things that I had only looked at or touched.
I was sitting on the floor and had started to cry.
I was happy.
No one had ever given me so many presents.
I sniffed and took the iPhone.
I pressed the only number stored in my phone and put it to my ear.
I wanted to hear his voice.
"Buongiorno, angelo mio."
"Good morning." I cried and laughed at the same time. I wiped away my tears and took a deep breath. "You're crazy, you know that?"
"Are you crying?"
"Yes, because of you," I replied with a smile.
"What? Why?" he asked immediately, his voice tense.
I giggled. My gaze wandered over all the beautiful things and stopped at the dictionary. My smile broadened and I said, "Grazie mille, Rune. I love my new things."
My cheeks turned red and my heart started beating faster.
Was I falling seriously in love with him?
He started to laugh. "We'll have to work on your pronunciation, little one." Then there was a short silence and a rustling in the background. "Do you like the things, then?"
I laughed into the phone with my legs drawn up. "Yes, very much so. But actually I should tell you now that I can't accept them." My fingers glided over the fabric of a dress. "All this is worth a fortune. Are you sure you want to spend so much money on me?"
"A lot is a relative term in my case. Besides, I didn't just buy you the things." he said, and again the paper rustled. There was a clacking sound in the background, and I had heard it a few times since I had been dealing with Rune. It was a weapon. Then I heard Rune whisper something to someone that I didn't understand myself.