Rune

55-Rune

"Say, did you get your eyebrow pierced?" Cal asked, looking at my face with a disgusted expression.
I just nodded. "I had a short time today after I delivered the shipment to Carlos myself. That's when I went to Haru."
He snorted. "How many more holes do you want to pierce?"
"My dick doesn't have a piercing yet."
Cal crossed himself and said a little prayer while I laughed. Then he pointed at me. "You're crazy. Your mother would beat you if she were still alive."
I smiled. "Then I'm lucky she doesn't, huh?"
He shook his head. "So, today's your birthday. What are we doing?"
"We?" I raised the newly pierced eyebrow and looked at his leg. "Can you ride a bike?" He made a face, so I explained: "Well. I'll pick up Kiana in a minute and take a spin to the lodge.
"To the lodge? What do you want there?"
"Shag her in peace? As often as I want? Without an audience?"
He gave another snort. "Believe me, I don't do it voluntarily. But you're so sex-crazed with each other that it almost borders on an addiction. Really," he added, shaking his head when I grinned. "It's unhealthy."
"Is it?"
"You'll drop your dick from exhaustion."
I drank my beer laughing, grabbed my matt black helmet and the key to my equally dark bike. "We'll be back tomorrow."
Cal nodded. "I'll prepare everything for the meeting." I agreed and my cousin added: "Buon compleanno, Rune."
"Grazie."
27 years old. Fuck, I was getting old.
I got into the elevator and looked at my reflection.
Dark blue turtleneck, black jeans with holes at the knees, through which the tattoos on my legs flash. Dark sneakers and my chain like two bracelets. My facial jewelry flashed gold and I was very happy with myself.
I ran my fingers through my hair. Okay, I might have to go to the hairdresser soon, looking at my longer and longer mat. It was so shaggy and wavy that it covered the upper plugs in my ears and also the small tattoo of a middle finger in my ear.
But that would have to wait.
I looked at the clock, got on my bike and put on my helmet. I would have to hurry if I wanted to pick up Kiana on time, but since there was some gasoline flowing through my body, I would probably manage it. So I stepped on the gas, drove out of the garage and sped through the streets with the engine screaming. I threaded my way through the traffic and weaved between the cars at a dizzying speed. I wished I had brought a jacket. Fuck, it was colder than I had hoped for this time of year.

Sun. Warmth. That was my season. Whatever. I arrived at the café just as Kiana was leaving with two ladies who were probably a colleague and, according to Kiana's earlier description, the boss herself. I slowed down, stopped right in front of them and put one foot on the ground. As I took off my helmet, I smiled politely at the two ladies.

"Buonasera, ladies. Kiana," I greeted my witch separately and my mouth moved slightly higher as I looked at her.
She raised an eyebrow, shouldered her bag and returned my gaze. Meanwhile, her work colleague nudged her with her elbow.
"He looks even better in real life," she whispered to her, probably thinking that I couldn't hear. Kiana tilted her head towards her and whispered back just as loudly: "I know, but don't say it so loudly."
She giggled and stared at me again.
Her boss, on the other hand, approached me. "So you're the famous boyfriend they talk about so often at the café." She smiled shortly and Kiana blushed. "I'm glad Kiana has found such a gorgeous young man. Maybe you can come by sometime to..."
"Okay! That's enough now!" she interrupted her boss and stood in front of her. "I wish you both a nice evening and now goodbye." Kiana pushed them in the direction they obviously had to go.

Both women started laughing and waved at me while I moistened my lips.
"Have a nice evening, Kiana and Mr. Sextoy."
With a bright red face, Kiana watched them go and then turned to me. "I don't want to hear anything."
I raised an amused eyebrow. "Mr. Sextoy? Really?"
"They made that up. I had nothing to do with it."
She waved her hand, on which a ring glistened.

My smile disappeared and I crossed my arms.
HER FUCKING ENGAGEMENT RING?
"Take that off," I demanded harshly, squinting my eyes.
She blinked and looked at me in confusion. "What should I take off?"
"The ring, amore. The one you probably fished out of my damn nightstand."
I looked at her hand and had to admit that I liked the piece of jewelry on her slender finger. But this thieving magpie would certainly not wear it before I had asked her again and she said 'yes'.
She looked at the ring, then raised her eyebrows and shook her head. "No, I don't want to."
I showed her my teeth. "You'll take it off. You said 'no'. Several times. So take off the damn ring until I ask you again. Till then, it's not yours."
She looked at me, nodded, then looked at the ring shortly and handed it to me reluctantly. "Okay."
I grinned, shook my head and looked around. I whistled loudly and then threw the ring in a high arc to a woman who happened to be walking to the other side of the sidewalk and turned to look at us. "Here you go, sweetie."
Kiana stared in shock at the ring. The woman caught it, looked at me in surprise and then smiled. I grinned back cheekily.
"Did that woman say 'yes'?!", my witch asked, stunned and furious at the same time. "You're just an asshole!" she insulted me, turned away and walked down the street. "Stronzo!"
I burst out laughing and said simply, "Did you think you'd get a ring you already know? Fuck no. Now get on. Or do you want to leave me standing on my birthday just because I'm angry that you're sticking your nose into things that don't concern you yet?"
Kiana stopped immediately and turned around in a flash. "It's your birthday? Wait. How come I didn't know? I... I don't have a present."