Rune

91-Rune

"Couldn't you have just kept your mouth shut?" I hissed annoyed and gave Kiana a sour look. "Did you have to mention that you know what happened?" I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"Signor Costello. Do you also want your swimwear packed?"

"Yes, fuck, everything you need for a holiday!" I snapped at the lady from the service department who was packing our suitcases. Then I turned my attention back to Kiana. "Carmen is a thoroughbred bitch. She'll give Cal hell for telling me. And then me for telling you." Just as I said that, my mobile rang and Carmen's name appeared. "Oh FUCK!"

She licked at her Magnum ice cream and looked at me calmly. "Tell Cal to say something about us then, so it's a tie."

I narrowed my eyes. "Are you kidding me?"

Kiana shrugged her shoulders indifferently. "If you hadn't completely freaked out unnecessarily when the stripper was there, this would never have happened. So it's all down to your uncontrolled jealousy."

WHAT?

I growled. "You're acting like a fucking child! Don't even try to blame me for your shit." My mobile rang again, and again it was Carmen. I gritted my teeth and looked at Kiana with deadly calm. "Fine, since you're taking it so lightly, why don't you explain to your favourite friend that her soon to be fiancé has been kneading the tits of a busty stripper! Let's see how happy she is at our damn wedding and how much fun YOU will have," I snapped at her. Fuck, I was in a bad mood and didn't want to deal with this. I already knew why I'd avoided relationships in the past. All that drama and crap. I HATED it. My mobile phone flew in Kiana's direction. "There, sort it out or I'll unload that stupid cow!"

She sucked the handle clean, grabbed my phone and answered it. She put Carmen on loud, walking to the kitchen to the rubbish bin.

"Before you start shouting, this is Kiana, and please let me first explain-"

"Tu marido es un pendejo! Un pendejo!" she shouted anyway and I grimaced. "How dare he come running to you with everything Cal tells him! None of this is any of your business! I ... This is so fucked up really!"

Kiana opened the fridge and rummaged around until she found some chocolate. "Rune only told me because you wouldn't tell me what really happened between you. So it's my fault. Be mad at me, just please only after my wedding." Just as she heard her inhale to yell once more, Kiana intervened. "Wait a minute! Why is it so bad that I know about it, but it's not so bad that Rune knew?" she asked, slightly irritated, and shoved the chocolate into my mouth.

"Because that's the way it is!" Carmen grumbled and I wasn't surprised that Kiana didn't get any further with logical reasoning. Carmen was just a quick-tempered, spoilt beast who was used to being treated like a princess and getting everything she wanted. Full stop.

"Signor Costello?" the service wagged again. "What about-"

"JUST PACK IT ALL IN!" I yelled, rubbing my hair through my shortly but now brown hair again. I took a deep breath in and out and then angrily grabbed my packet of fags. "That's enough! I don't have the nerve for this. I'd rather deal with ten angry human traffickers than a useless packing service and a stupid Latina who can't get her fucking relationship sorted out."

"You stupid bastard!" whined Carmen, but I was already running outside.

Not with me.

Definitely not with me.

I lit a joint and blew out the smoke. It was nearly Christmas and we'd be on the plane to the Maldives tonight. There was a lot to organise there and I wanted to sort everything out and check everything myself so that everything went smoothly and Kiana got her fucking dream wedding.