Rune

63-Rune

We were standing in front of the building where my penthouse was located, waiting for the driver of the fucking Lombardos.
I plucked a single hair from my custom-made, jet-black suit. The white shirt was unbuttoned low, exposing my chest and the tattoos on my skin. My necklace with the pepperoni hanger dangled from it and lay deep in the neckline.
My pants were tight and my shoes were shiny. Just like the gun I was wearing openly on my pants and which was flashing in my chest holster. Cal, next to me, looked similar. Although he was significantly broader due to his stature.
My gaze darted to Kiana, who looked simply stunning.
I ran my fingers through my hair, which was styled back, and let my eyes wander over her body.
The pearly white, tight-fitting, floor-length dress was similar to one of those rags they wore in the Roman Empire. Only more modern. Glittering particles were worked into the fabric, which now sparkled and shimmered here and there. A diagonal strip on her stomach showed a little skin and I had been itching to run my fingers over it all along.

Her sleek, back-combed hair refined her overall appearance, and the wicked make-up with the cherry-red lips and cat eyes that made the blue eyes shine made her my very own personal temptation.
Fuck, even now, shortly before a potentially bloody encounter, I wanted her.
"There's really no time for this, Padrino."
I reluctantly took my eyes off this siren and looked at Cal. I licked my lips and pushed my glasses, with a slight blue tint, back into place. The thing was pointless, but it looked good on me.

I took a deep breath and threw the butt away. "You should always have time for that."
Cal sighed and straightened his weapons, which were hanging in exactly the same places as mine. "I'll go and see what's keeping those wankers."
I nodded and watched him walk down the street.
I turned back to Kiana. "Are you nervous?"
She blinked once and looked at me. "I'm incredibly nervous," she replied, looking at my guns. "Am I really not allowed to have my own weapon? I could attach it right here. Like in the movies."
She lifted her dress and presented her thigh to me. I raised my hand and ran it over her skin. Almost reverently. The scent of her body lotion and matching perfume wafted into my nostrils, clouding my senses.

I looked at her with my head tilted. "You can aim as well as a toddler with a water pistol. If I gave you a gun, you'd probably be the biggest danger to us, amore." I pushed her dress back down and looked at her. "No gun for you. But the way you look right now,« my eyes traveled down and up her body, »you're already a weapon.«
She crossed her arms in front of her chest, causing her tits to bounce up and down sexily. "Can I defend myself with my looks? I don't think so. The way I look, I'm just going to crank up the dirty thoughts of the men you want dead."
I grinned meaningfully. "Probably. We'll see how it all walks to. Don't forget, if it were up to me, you wouldn't come at all." I looked at her lips and took a deep breath. "If this escalates today... I love you, Kiana. Just so you know."
Her gaze softened, Kiana stepped up to me and pulled me down to her. "I love it when you say those words." We pulled each other into a passionate kiss before she breathed, "I love you, too, Rune."

***

The room we were led into, which was located in an old warehouse away from the docks, was surprisingly cozy.
A large round table with various chairs. Nevertheless, everything looked just like a warehouse. Rough walls. Industrial style. A group of about seven men had led Cal, Kiana and me through several halls before we finally crossed a large door and ended up here. I had already inspected everything and that had dampened my mood to a borderline degree. I was tense like a panther on the hunt. There were no real escape routes. At least none that weren't guarded. The only way out would be the way we came in. I looked around the room and clenched my teeth. No windows, no other doors. No way out.

Fuck.
Cal, who stayed close to Kiana, looked at me and I realized that he had seen everything I had seen.
If it escalated...
It wouldn't look good for us.
Cal and I against 30 people? All of them fully armed? No. We were good, but not that good.