Rune

37-Rune

I tried not to think about the sex in the bathroom four days ago, or the one three days ago, or the one yesterday, or even this morning. Fuck, those nipple rings had become my new favorite toys. Fuck vibrators that made her go crazy - when I took those things between my teeth and pulled...
My God, Kiana responded with such fucking passion that it simply verged on insanity. And what about my tongue piercing? Well, it was at least as much fun to try out new things with that thing.
I grinned, but I wiped it out of my face as quickly as possible and acted grumpy. "I'm very close to my middle finger emotionally today," I explained, rubbing my nose. "Just for your information," I grumbled, crossing my arms. "Get. On. The. Plane."
It was Kiana's birthday and I had started to argue with her after the quickie. At first just a bit, then more and more fiercely.
Over imaginary trifles.
The coffee tasted like shit.
The breakfast was awful.
She should stop whining, it was annoying me.
Yes, it was her birthday, but what did that matter? Work was more important.
That kind of thing. Anything to really ruin her mood. When I gave her a lame voucher for a bikini wax as a 'present', she freaked out and called her brother to cancel the party she probably wanted to have at a club.
It was perfect!
"Kiana! I don't have time for your bitching! The meeting with my business partners won't wait! What do you think the impression will be if I'm the one who's late?!"
"I said NO! I don't care if you're late at all. I'm going to use your wonderful gift certificate to get my bikini line waxed. Apparently I have a growing bush that you don't like. Stronzo!"
Kiana turned around and walked to the door. Her ass looked heavenly in those white jeans.
I rolled my eyes. "Do you really think," I hissed, forcing myself not to laugh, "that after all that shit with the Lombardos you're going anywhere alone? Fuck! Come on now, you stupid cow! GET IN!"
I had told her, and unfortunately it was true, that Marius, my human trafficker, had found out that something was going on with those wankers. He didn't know what exactly, but it was certain that they were still planning something. So this fact was only half a lie. "You're staying with me. Always. You agreed! So don't act like a damn child and get on the private jet."

I said it with such cold composure that I myself shuddered.
Kiana stopped, her hands clenched into fists. Then she turned around and stomped angrily towards the plane. She stopped next to me, looked up and said, "From now on, you can suck your own dick."
With these words, she walked past me, up the stairs and past the stewardess into the plane.
Once she was inside, I couldn't help but grin.
I shook my head and walked to her, closing the door behind me.

***

She didn't question the fact that the flight took more than the planned three hours. Nor did she ask why the hell we were supposed to hold a meeting in the middle of nowhere when all my partners were in the country.
The plane landed and when the doors opened. And we got out, it was almost dark.
We had rarely spoken and even as she strode to the limousine as if it were the most natural thing in the world, she didn't say a word to me. But when I was sitting in the car and the driver drove off, I couldn't help teasing her a little.
"Why are you in such a shitty mood?"
She had one leg crossed over the other and was staring out the window. "Look in the mirror, then you'll know."
I snorted. "What did I do?"
Kiana's lips opened, but then closed again. Finally, she said, "Nothing, that's the point. But it's my own fault, I shouldn't have expected anything."
Ouch.
I clenched my jaw. Although she didn't know that she would regret every word she said, they felt like a knife in my chest. I looked out the window too.

"That's a problem, huh? That you always expect things from me."

We continued in silence. An entire hour passed and she didn't notice that we were slowly driving into a snowy landscape, she was so angry.
I grinned. It was really lucky that there was still snow here in May, because normally it only lasted until the end of April at the latest. If we were lucky enough to have the same luck again with the other thing...
The car stopped and I just nodded for Kiana to get out first. That was important, because there, in front of the hotel, Cal, her brother and... her father were waiting, still well hidden.
Kiana got out and, almost at the hotel door, she finally noticed the snow. Just then, the three of them appeared.
"Surprise!" Cal and her brother shouted joyfully, while her father looked at me somewhat anxiously.
Kiana was frozen. With her mouth open, she looked first at Cal, her brother, and then at her father.
"What... what are you doing here?" she asked, and then her eyes widened and she turned to me. "You tricked me? We... This isn't a business meeting," she realized. I nodded and Kiana looked at me for a moment, a smile twitching at the corners of her full lips, before turning back to the others.
First she hugged her brother. "So you knew about it all along?"
"Of course, Kiki."
Then Kiana looked at Cal and gave him a hug for the first time too.
"Thank you very much," she said, then looked at her father.
The bastard scratched the back of his head and smiled at her somewhat awkwardly. "Happy birthday, my little Lou."
Kiana hesitated shortly, but then she hugged him too. "Thanks, Dad."
The still-living bum carefully put an arm around her.
When he looked at me questioningly, I gave him an unwilling nod, but let him see that it was an exception.
Fuck. My finger itched and I wanted to pull out my gun. Instead, I pushed myself away from the car and walked to them. Snow crunched under my feet and I stood next to Kiana. Her father let go and immediately took a step back. Cal smiled angrily and Kiana's brother raised an eyebrow and looked at me shortly. All I did for a moment was to stab the man in front of me with my eyes.
I turned away and looked down at Kiana. "So much for 'you expecting nothing from me', Angel."
She looked up at me and her cheeks turned a light pink.
"That... well... yes." Kiana laughed embarrassedly. Then she turned completely towards me and put her arms around my body, her head resting on my chest. "Sorry, but you're just too good at lying." Her head lifted and Kiana now rested her chin on my chest. "Thank you. I'm really happy, thanks to you."
I moistened my lips and pulled her to me. "Buon compleanno, mi amore," I said softly and kissed her gently on the lips. I had never done that before. With anyone. Fuck, 'gently' was a foreign word to me. But today? Well, just today it mide be okay. I sighed inwardly. "And welcome to Finland."
"Grazie mille," she said just as quietly, smiling at me lovingly. Then Kiana turned her head and looked around. "I've never been to Finland. It's incredible."
"Cal, wait until you see-".
"Shut up!" I growled, and Kiana's brother, Louis, said at the same time with his eyes wide: "Stop!"
Cal blinked in irritation. "Okay, sorry. I'll be quiet."
"If you value your damn life, you should be." I turned Kiana around and told the driver to take the suitcases, which I had secretly stuffed with clothes appropriate for the weather, to the hotel. Well, to the hotel where Kiana and I would be sleeping tonight. Which, as she didn't yet know, wasn't here. "We should go inside. It's cold and I've booked a table."
"Finally, I thought I was starving," Cal murmured excitedly, grabbing Kiana's arm. He pulled her away from me, ignoring my and her protests, and walked to the hotel, closely followed by Louis.
Before Kiana's dad could follow her, I said in my business-like, gruff tone: "You don't drink a drop of alcohol and you only talk when you're spoken to." My gaze bore down on his with vicious intent. "If you ruin this for her, or if she even so much as pulls a face because of a word you say, I'll shoot you. Got it?" To emphasize my threat, I lifted my sweater and showed him the barrel of the gun.