Hidden guilt

"Hmm?"

Hearing my name being call I turned my head to the direction of the voice, there the figure of Alice reflected in my eyes. Her long pink coloured hair danced gently by the wind. Her appearance despite being dressed in such rugged clothing looked extremely beautiful as she walked towards me.

"Oh, lady Alice. I'm surprised to see you all the way out here."

I said as my voice was filled with surprise. Hearing this Alice smiled gently as she said.

"I like to take in the scent of flowers, while being bathe in the warm sunshine."

"Nn, now that you mention it, with the cloudy skies the temperature of the sun is perfect for sunbathing."

I responded while smiling amicably. She also smiled in returned but, despite her lovely smile there was a faint shadow on her face.

"Hmm? Is there something bothering you, perhaps?"

I inquired tilting my head. Hearing that she made a puzzled face.

"What do you mean?"

"It seems like you're worried about something, so I couldn't help but asked."

"I see... no there is no need to worry about me."

She said shaking her head. However, I narrowed my eyes as I stared into her pink coloured eyes.

".... There is something I wanted to ask you; I know this is rather presumptuous of me but. The man who was laying in the corner of the room could he be?"

I asked my question while gazing at her reaction. Her eyes flash as the corner of her mouth trembled. So, it was as I thought that guy must had been her father if I'm not mistaken.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm willing to lend an ear if you want."

I said as my lips was faintly upturned into a smile. However, she merely half opened her mouth while peering at my face as though hesitating whether or not to answer.

".... I appreciate your kind offer but, please do not concern yourself with my troubles."

She said as her mouth was turned into a force smile. But what lies behind that smile was an "Emotion" that I probably wouldn't be able to understand but. Was it so bad to lend a hand even while not knowing? The feeling of losing a loved one, was a feeling I have not experienced in my life but, still if there is anything I can do to lessen the sorrow eroding at her heart, I want to.

"Please allow me to lend a hand, if you need one."

I said adamantly, seeing that "Pfft" Alice let out a small laugh as she used her right-hand covering her mouth, hmmm? My face was turned into that of confusion not knowing what was so funny.

"I apologize for laughing, it's just despite your usual undaunted attitude you really are kind, aren't you."

"I wouldn't know about any of that."

I replied somewhat embarrassingly. Undaunted is that really her impression of me. Sure, I can be cold and uncaring sometimes but, I'm the most daunting person. My brow furrowed slightly seeing that Alice once again giggled.

"I'm sorry if my words had offended you."

"It's fine don't worry about it, if you really see me as an 'undaunted' person then I guess I should change my attitude a little."

I said sarcastically.

"Oh, but I like that side of you."

Alice replied without any hint of embarrassment.