Alberta's third strongest!

Ben looked at his fallen subordinate and frown, he didn't want to lose any more of his men but in the end, he couldn't save any of them. Anger began to surge from within him as he clenches his fist.

"What are you?"

He asks, looking at the long claws of the man before him, hearing his question Alister smirk as he responded.

"I'm the thing you humans fear so much."

He said, giving his answer in a cheerful tone. The other knights all broke into cold sweat where they stood, the atmosphere coming from their captain was overwhelming.

"Oh, my, you should be careful captain. Your pressure is scaring your subordinates."

He said with a mocking grin on his face. Ben then drew his sword that was sheathed on his waist with a smooth motion as he glared at Alister as if to curse him.

"Bastard die!"

He shouted then charged forward with nimble movements. The distance between them was shorten in an instant, he then twisted his body using the momentum he swung his sword horizontally towards Alister's head. An eerie grin appeared on his face before he blocks the sword with his claws.

"Tch."

Ben grinded his teeth in frustration as his sword was effortlessly caught. He tried putting more weight onto his sword, but his sword wouldn't move.

(In that case)

"Mother of earth swallow my enemy, mud swamp."

He suddenly shouted. No sooner than he did a magic circle appeared beneath their feet's, as the ground then turned muddy, and their body began to sink as though the ground was trying to devour them.

A frown then appeared on Alister's face as he saw his feet being swallow by the ground.

(Tch, what a pain in the ass)

He thought as he let go of the sword. 'Mud Swamp' was an extremely bothersome spell if one were to be swallowed by the ground, they would fall deep underneath the ground. How far beneath depended on the caster but it was also possible to send the enemy to the centre of the earth it truly was a troublesome spell to deal with. With that thought he put strength into his legs and made a big leap into the air.

The height on his jump was almost 10 meters. He was able to land safely on the ground roughly 5 feet away from his original spot. Seeing that ben furrow his brow in displeasure, he wanted to end things with that spell as he had used a considerable amount of mana but now that seemed impossible right now.

(It seems I'll have to go with a forward attack from now on, I'll show you the power of Alberta's third strongest)

He thought, fighting from up close was a dangerous idea but in this situation, he didn't really have any other options. He could at least buy time and wait for his magic power to slowly increased then released a big attack. He then clutches his sword tightly in his hands. Alister looked at him with a grin on his face, although he didn't say anything his grin was implying.

"What are you waiting for come at me whenever you wish." feeling he was being looked down upon Ben frown as he charged forwards once again. With quick movements he thrusts his sword towards Alister's heart, however Alister shifted his body to the side dodging the sword coming towards him, he then used his claws to stab at Ben's abdomen, sensing the danger Ben promptly moved his sword blocking the claws coming towards him. The two then continued exchanging attacks for a while before they moved away to create distance between them.

"Hahaha... not bad it's been a while since I last felt this rush."

He said laughing heartily; however Ben had sweat coming from his forehead, his breathing was distorted there were many times during their exchange he felt like he was going to die, he was only able to dodge those attacks until now only because of his enchanted senses but his fatigued is slowly accumulating.

"I have to end this now."

He uttered quickly.

"Careful, you can't lose focus now captain."

Ben flinch when he heard the voice of the man he was facing, the voice sounded like it was coming from a close proximity, he then turned his head and saw five black claws coming towards his face.

He instantly lowered his head backwards dodging the claws by a hair's breadth.

(Tch, how did he appear behind me?)

He wondered internally, but before he could ask Alister immediately came towards him at an impossible speed.

"Damn it all! Mother of earth protect me from all danger earth wall!"

Ben shouted a magic circle then appeared as the ground began to elevate creating three brick walls before him, Alister saw that and sneered as he kept moving forward. His body then slowly turned black as he took the form of shadows.

"What should we do?"

A man wearing knightly attire said as he watched the battle from a safe distance, watching from the side a young knight with short brown hair with a conflicting expression on his face.

"I'm not sure there's anything we can do at this point; this battle is far out of our reach."

He said in a dull tone with a complex expression on his face.

(Even though his majesty trusted us with this important task, we can't even get to the Zestril Kingdom. I'm a complete failure of a knight)

He thought as he frowns cursing his own powerlessness. His commander was in a dreadful situation and all he was doing was standing helplessly.

"Damn it all..."

He muttered as he ran into the field, the other knight tried to stop him but was too late.

"Mother of fire blast my target flair ball!"

A magic formation was then formed followed by two balls of fire measuring 2 meter in diameter.

The shadow continued closing in on the brick walls once it has reached a fair enough distance a sword then appeared out of the shadow and penetrated the brick walls, the sword managed to destroy two of the walls and was about to target the last remaining wall.

BOOM!

A fire ball made a direct hit on the shadow. The sound of a loud explosion then resounded; due to the explosion a cloud of dust was then raised blocking the view of the shadow. The last earth wall then contracted back into the ground.

Ben looked around confused by the explosion.

"Captain!"

The knight who had fired the spell ran towards the commander with brisk steps.

BOOM!

Another loud explosion resounded; the ground was burst open sending countless numbers of stones flying. After the dusk had subsided the figure of a person could be seen, the dusk finally cleared, and everyone was looking dumfounded at the person who was standing by the explosion. It was a muscular man who seem to be in his thirties with his long white hair dancing in the wind, he was gazing at them with an annoyed look on his face.

"Tch, my favourite coat got destroyed by that explosion."

He said as he gazed at the tattered pieces of what remained of his coat.

"It seems I was going too easy on you, from now on I'll fight seriously."

He muttered as shadow started to gather around him.