Offer

After Isabella and I made our way through the bevy of nobles who were in the middle of greeting each other we hurriedly made our way towards the royal family who were standing on the main stage together, the royal family were similarly in the middle of greeting the nobles who were surrounding them.

From the King he was greeting some of the high-ranking nobles who were well known in the Watanabe Kingdom, as for the Queen she was also greeting the nobles who were extremely happy to speak to her.

Hinata was surrounded by noble men who were also excited to talk to her, she was putting on a gentle smile on her face as she greeted them back, Scarlett was surrounded by a large group of noble men each from prominent noble families. Seeing the crowd, I decided to wait until the nobles had finish their greeting as it would be considered very rude for someone of my position to interrupt the nobles.

Isabella also seems to have the same thought as me as she also waited quietly while standing on my left, looking at her position she could easily go through the crowd of nobles, but it seems she's being very considerate a faint smile was then formed on my lips from that realization.

"You must be Sir Haruto, right?"

I heard a voice coming from my right, I then shifted my gazed to find the origin of the voice, there I saw a man who seem to be in his early twenties his dark brown hair was trim with the utmost perfection his dark brown eyes were extremely sharp as he narrowed his eyes. I immediately straighten my posture when I felt his glare.

"Y-Yes that's me, it's nice to meet you."

I said somewhat nervously.

"For a mere commoner you seem to be raised well."

He said with a bit of surprise in his voice.

"I'm most honoured to receive your praised."

I said while bowing my head respectfully.

"In any case I'm Count Wesley the head of the Wesley noble family."

The Count said bowing as he gave his own introduction.

(Wesley? That name seems familiar... oh? Isn't that the noble family Lady Chelsey is affiliated with?)

I thought recalling the girl I had met while going to the royal academy. The Wesley noble family is well known in the Watanabe Kingdom if I remember correctly, they're the best at using water magic and are famous for their healing magic in this Kingdom. You could even see them as the third highest in political power in Watanabe.

"It is a huge honour having a chance to speak with Sir Wesley, I hope you treat me well from now onwards."

I said in a humble tone.

"Hmm... Your mannerism really is impressive for a commoner, in any case I just wanted a chance to greet the so-called saviour of her Highness your majesty also seems to think very highly of you, so I was a little curious as to what kind of person you are."

He said in a light tone.

"I see... well I hope I didn't disenchant your expectation."

I said with a small smile on my face, while shrugging my shoulders.

"Sir Wesley Lady Maria wishes to speak with you."

A noble man interrupted our discussion but then made an awkward face as he just barged into the discussion of a count without permission. For a brief moment Count Wesley made an annoyed face before going back into his regular expression.

"Please excuse me for a moment Sir Haruto but it seems I have other matters to take care of right now but let us chat next time we are free."

He said while walking away towards the other side of the venue. It seems while we were talking Scarlett and the other had finally finish their greeting with the nobles and were making their way downstairs.

"Hey, are you two enjoying yourselves?"

Scarlett asks while tilting her head curiously.

"Yes, I find my time most enjoyable as I had Sir Haruto here as my conversational partner."

Isabella responded to Scarletts questions with a cheerful smile on her face. Scarlett had a cute gesture with her hand place under her chin with a contemplative expression on her face.

"Is there something wrong Princess?"

I ask seeing her gesture.

"Ah n-no not at all."

She said somewhat awkwardly while her eyes were dotting around restlessly. Watching her from the side was Isabella who had an amused look on her face from watching Scarletts reaction just now. She then led her body onto my hand and pressed her body close to mine.

"Well Haruto how about we go for a dance the night is still young so why don't we make the most of it?"

She said while smiling impishly bringing her lips close to Wisper into my ear, my body flinches from the sensation of her warm breath into my right ear as I wore a troubled look on my face. I'm really not good with these types of girls, this act could have easily seduced any normal guy but I'm not just going to allow myself to be seduced so easily.

Sure, she is beautiful I have to admit her beautiful long wavy blue hair and ocean blue eyes accompany with her bright and playful personality would steal the hearts of many men especially my age, but my heart won't be swayed so easily just because someone has a pretty face. Someone like me who has no love experience and who has never once fallen in love before would be a really hard guy to attract when it comes to romance. Suppressing the urge to sigh heavily. I wore a serious expression as I gave a fake cough when I saw Scarletts irritated expression.

"I would be honoured to be your dance partner."

I said humbly I didn't have a reason to refused as it would be pitiful to participate at a dance party without having at least one dance.

"My thank you, but first would you have a dance with Princess Scarlett first I mean she is the princess after all."

She said while winking at Princess Scarlett, seeing that indication Scarletts cheeks were flush deep scarlet. I made a troubled face as I wasn't sure if I had the right to dance with princess Scarlett in the first place, she was a princess, I was just a commoner, did I have the right to such privilege? Maybe the nobles would feel indignation when they see me dancing with the second Princess, my entire life I would always try avoiding any troublesome problems or situations by ignoring everything in my surroundings, but that's not a method that can be used here, I really didn't want to get myself involved into anything that would annoy me later on. But not accepting this would be a bad decision especially when it's of royalty.

"Well then would you dance with me Princess Scarlett?"

I asked as I offer her my hand.