Hidden core

The rain continued to shower over the fresh crops field turning the once dried soil muddy. The sight of the rainwater showering over the crops was an extremely weird sight for someone like me who came from another world. After all the rainwater only fell over the crops, the rest of the village were beneath a clear blue sky.

"Well, our work here is done we shall take our leave now."

I uttered quietly, though everyone was able to hear my words perfectly.

"Hm, you're leaving already? You have helped our village out so much. Please allow us to show our gratitude."

The village chief said lowering his head, seeing this my face became troubled on how to response so I looked towards Alya who was standing elegantly beside me. Feeling my gaze, she made eye contact with me, and her mouth were upturned into a lovely smile.

"Well, it wouldn't do any harm to stay for a while longer, you know, I also wanted to change my clothes. It would be an embarrassment to travel in these rugged clothing after all."

Alya responded while lightly shrugging her shoulders. Nikita walked back towards us after completing the request I gave her; she also voiced her own opinion as she came to a stop.

"I also do not object. If master wants to stay here, then I shall oblige with the at most care."

Nikita said chiming in. Hmmm? What did she just call me? I cocked my head confusedly by being called by the new name as 'Master' since when was it decided that I would be her master, I only wanted us to be companion.

"Fufufu.... someone seems to have mellowed down a bit, to think a stuck-up woman like you would actually call someone as 'Master' could it be you have fallen for my 'Haruto'?"

Alya said squinting her emerald eyes at the Nikita who seems to be acting differently. Towards such questioning gaze Nikita tilted her head while elegantly placing her finger at her pink lips.

"Well, if I'm to follow his orders I might as well acknowledged him as my master."

Nikita replied somewhat embarrassedly.

"Haha... Haruto, I didn't know you wanted to start your own harem. What an unfaithful man you are. Sigh at this point I can't take my eyes off you, can I?"

"Thats false accusation. You know. I never said anything about having a harem!"

I retorted to her claims. Seeing that Alice who was observing our conversation from the side chimed in with her own thoughts.

"Now that you mention it, it seems there are a lot of girls here who have witnessed your fight with the adventurers the other day, they have been talking about you in a good light all morning."

Alice said. as though dumping oil onto the fire. My brow convulses from the two pairs of emerald and crimson eyes which were gazing at me somewhat reproachfully.

"Cough, you'll catch cold standing here all day, why don't you rest up for a while."

The village chief sensed the tense atmosphere and made a suggestion. Hearing that I had the urge to give him a thumbs up. With that settled we once again made our way towards the cabin we were staying at.

***

I slumped down onto the sofa and closed my eyes in meditation, though the sounds of Alya and Nikita arguing sounded inside my ear.

"Tch, look at my new dress, because of your careless aiming my miniskirt is ripped to pieces."

"You're the one who wasn't fast enough to avoid them, don't blame me for your own incompetence."