A Glittering Life

I was reluctant to leave the bed the next morning, instead pushing myself against Will and sighing when he threw an arm around my waist to pull me tight to him. Not only did I not want to leave my husband for a single minute, I was frankly exhausted after last night. It had been a night of quiet laughter and sighs, of waking in the night to find the other awake and aroused. It had been after midnight before we had actually fallen asleep for the final time, and I knew I had to go shopping. Ethel would probably want to have lunch as well, which would mean more time away from Will.

It took quite a bit to not groan when he shifted around me, clearly waking up. I didn't want to leave his arms, and did my best to writhe against him. If I could get him excited, he could have me again and then we could linger in bed for a little longer. He pressed a kiss to my shoulder, "Ana, aren't you tired of that?"

I smirked, "Never, as you well know."

"If we get up to that then you won't have any time for breakfast," He chuckled, rolling onto his back and pulling me with him. "And you'll need your strength to endure what you're going to today."

"Are you sure you and Lieutenant Johnson don't need some feminine company?" I propped myself up on an elbow. "I wouldn't mind waiting on the both of you."

He gently brushed his fingers through my hair, "You know you can't do that."

"And you know I'm only doing this for you." I muttered, drumming my fingers on his chest. "I know this isn't really your career, but if being nice to Ethel can keep you from getting exiled to some port far away from me, I can endure it."

"And I appreciate that."

"Of course, you will owe me for it." I teased, kissing the tip of his nose. "I certainly hope you won't tire yourself out talking with Lieutenant Johnson, for I'll have need of that clever tongue of yours later."

A slightly flush stained his cheeks. "Ana, good God."

"You've met Ethel, is it really so much to ask for after?"

"I suppose not," He sat up, the blankets falling away from his bare chest. "Although I certainly hope you're going to keep that request private."

"Of course, I will," I sat up with him, giggling. "Even if she begins speaking about how magnificent of a lover her husband is."

The flush on his cheeks deepened, "Ah, well, I mean, I've heard-"

"You don't mean that she-"

"Has other men?" He shrugged, "I've heard it whispered, quite a lot. Apparently neither of them is faithful to the other."

I pursed my lips, "I hope you don't follow his example, even if he is your superior officer."

"You have nothing to worry about." He leaned over, nuzzling my neck. "As you well know."

"I do, darling." I curled my fingers around his head. "While I'm out I'll look for a realtor, I do like the idea of having a house here."

Will moved to stand, "You're giving up on the estate?"

"Hardly, but that will take time." I stood myself, grabbing a dressing gown. "The house can be done relatively quick, and I'm sure that I can find a few people in town who would be glad to have an easy job of watching the place while I'm back in England."

He came over to rest his hands on my shoulders, "Do you not like the hotel? I can always book the room for whenever you're here."

"I love the room," I slipped closer to wrap my arms around him. "But I want to have a place just for us." I stepped back, raising a brow and smirking. "And to decorate better than Ethel has."