Chapter 22: Calum

(Trigger warning)

 I stared at the blade, my hands shaking. I knew I had to stop but I couldn't.

Do it, take away the thoughts, take yourself away from this place. Your family would be glad to have you gone, you were a drunken mistake with some god who sleeps with everyone.

"CALUM!" a voice i couldn't recognize shouted, running and shoving the blade out of my hand, and grabbing my shoulders. Through my blurry vision caused by a thumping heart I saw it was Ashton.

"Go away," I muttered, sliding further against the wall.

"You-you- YOU FUCKING EXPECT ME TO GO AWAY WHEN YOU WERE ABOUT TO CUT YOURSELF? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?" he shouted, his voice ringing in my ears.

"Go away," I muttered again.

"Why in hell would you try and do that? Is this the first time you tried?" I only responded with silence, "I NEED A FUCKING ANSWER, HAVE YOU DONE THIS BEFORE?"

"Yes, now can you leave me alone?" I uttered.

"No, you're going to talk to me about this and explain yourself."

"None of your business."

"Calum, I've been down this road before, please talk to me, I'm your best friend for fucks sake."
"Still doesn't mean I have to tell you shit," I interjected.

"What happened to the Calum I know? The one who always had a smile on his face and a trick up his sleeve. The one that always knew what to say, the one who would stay out partying and still be ready to face the next day with a smile. What happened Calum, I need to know!" Ashton pleaded.

"This camp it-it's fucking hell! Our parents have been lying to us for years! Our whole lives! 19 years they lied to me, and I'm fucking done with everyone being okay with this! You slept with a girl the first night for fucks sake! And all the fans we're letting down, all the shows we've cancelled, we put our careers on hold to sit around and act like everything is fucking perfect! Well it's not Ashton, this whole place is a bloody nightmare but you're too surrounded by a fantasy to realize it."

"Cal you know you could've told us this, we could've-"

"I did tell someone, Belle, she was there while you three fucks were chasing girls and skipping around in fields of fucking rainbows and sunshine. What'd you think I was supposed to do, sit you down in a circle and have a fucking group therapy session? No way in hell, if you had eyes you would've seen something was up a long time ago."
"And we did, but whenever we tried to talk to you, you just stormed off. We really do miss you Cal."

"I know it's just, I-I can't sit around like I'm perfectly okay with all of this and Belle... oh that girl pulled me straight into her trap."
"What do you mean?"

"I kissed her and it was like some drug. I only have wanted more and more and I'll I've gotten was the silent treatment. I basically guilted her into another make out session. She thinks I'm an asshole... maybe she's right."

"Belle? She's quite possibly one of the nicest people in this camp, even if she has an odd way of showing it. She fixed Caspian and I, and I owe her for that. Talk to her, just talk. Believe me, you can work it out. She's as reasonable and smart as things get, convincing as hell too. I really think you have a chance of winning her back." he pushed.

"you're kidding right? You seriously think she'd listen to me?"

"Yes, I do. And if she's a big reason you've been doing this to yourself then-"

"She fucking grabbed my heart in a matter of minutes and stomped on it the next day. Yeah, she hurt me, but that's not the thing. I left behind everything, my family doesn't make sense anymore. For all I know, my dad thinks he's my dad and my mom fucking cheated on him! All I'm doing is disappointing people and I don't have any cigarettes to distract me so I grabbed the closest thing, okay?" I sobbed out.

After that I said nothing and neither did he-- he didn't need to. He just pulled me into a hug and that was a promise that everything was going to be okay in it's own.

Then he left and I was alone all over again.

HEY HEY HEY HUMANS. So hope ya liked it and have a great day (tbh tho another Calum chapter is probably coming right after this, shit hasn't even BEGUN)

Olivia

PS:  We're gonna try and do weekly updates now, we've got so much more written than what we've published. So as we're working on later chapters, we'll publish what we've got done.

Tova