Chapter 80: Caspian

I was standing in an empty room, two openings in front of me. One dark and one light, death and life. In between the two stood a man in a doorman's suit, but the most noticeable thing was he had two faces. I already knew who it was, Janus, the god of choice and doors.

"Ah Caspian, good to finally meet the other Poseidon kid, even under such gruesome circumstances. I'm your best friend, I'm your worst enemy, I'm Janus, God of Doorways. Beginnings. Endings. Choices. And it seems you've got quite the difficult choice. Death or life?"
"I think it's pretty obvious what my choice is, I tried to kill myself."
"Yes, but on false pretences. You think they all hate you, and I know that's not true."

"Sure it isn't"
"Might want to take a look for yourself," He said.

Suddenly I was transported to the lake. I saw Luke sobbing, Michael trying to calm him down.

"M-Mikey she wouldn't leave us! Caspian-"
"But Lukey, we left her, but you need to accept it. Caspian's not coming back."
"She will! Caspian loves us, she'll come back," He cried, his tears soaking Michael's t-shirt.

After we were transported to the Athena cabin. I saw Calum holding Belle as she cried.

"It's all my fault, I was her best friend and I left when she needed me most! She never left, she always bottled it up for everyone else. Goddammit Cal I lost my best friend!"
"Shh, maybe she'll choose life."
"Don't instill false hope, she chose to kill herself she's going to choose death." Within a second we were whisked to my cabin. I saw Percy sobbing all alone, my suicide note in his hand.

"You're not a horrible person Caspian, please come home, we need you!" After that we moved on to the Apollo cabin.

"It's all my fault it's all my fault," Ashton muttered, slashing at his wrist. I started crying, I made him go back to self harm, something he promised the boys he'd never even think of doing again. "I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have slept with her, Caspian would be here alive and we'd be happy! Why the hell did you have to fuck everything up Ashton? I should just join her, see her shining eyes and colorful hair again, hear her giggle, get to hold her and tell her how much I love her," He cried, curling up into a little ball.

With a snap of Janus's fingers we were back in the empty room.

"So what will it be Caspian? Life or death? It's all up to you."
"I-I choose life," I muttered, wiping the tears off of my face.

***

I blinked my eyes open, adjusting to the bright lights. I saw Will standing over me.

"She's awake guys! It worked it worked it worked! Find Ashton and Percy and them, quickly!" He yelled, peaking his head outside the doorway. "How're you feeling Caspian?" He asked.

"Alright I guess," I mumbled.

"That's my girl, you're quite the fighter damn." That was all I heard before falling back asleep.

***

A week has passed since my attempt. None of them came to visit me. Maybe what Janus showed me was false just to save another life.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. I grab my dagger in fear of it being him, of it being Darius, and shakily open the door. To my surprise it's Ashton, the boys, and Belle, looking extremely guilty.

"W-why are y-you here?" I asked, my hands shaking, heart pumping, eyes watering, and palms sweating.

"We were wrong, about hating you. This was out of your control, your mind was clouded with his thoughts. We want everything to go back to normal," Luke said, seeming the most composed out of the five. I stood there shell-shocked. They want me back, they don't hate me! Or they just feel pity for the girl who almost died.

"I-it's too late f-for sorry's. Just g-go, please!" I choked out before slamming it and collapsing onto my bed in a heap of sobs. Nice job, you ruined your only chance of having your friends back. You really are pathetic, crying over your own decision. I know I'm fucking stupid, but I don't want to get hurt again. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, and I quickly shoved them away and looked over to see it was Ashton.

"Just go away," I said, shoving him further away. "I said go away Ashton," I continued, him still staying where he was. "God dammit I said go away!" I yelled, my eyes flashing red for a split second. "P-please g-go Ashton," was all I could say before continuing to sob. He pulled me into his chest as I cried.

"You promised! You promised you wouldn't leave! You said you loved me and that their opinions wouldn't change anything! I stopped Ashton and you went and made out with another girl" I yelled, banging my fists weakly against his chest.

"I know, and I fucked so badly-"

"Why did you leave?"
"I thought I could convince them, but they only clouded my judgement." After he said that we just stayed there in silence, tears still running down my face.
"I wish I had died then," I mumbled.
"What-when?"
"The first time I attempted, Elizabeth would still be alive, Jake would still be alive, none of this would've happened if I had just died. I don't want to live anymore Ash!"
"No no no, all of this happened for a reason."
"I just wanna be with her, with my mom. She killed her demons, I want to as well. She was the only one who cared until the demon blood took over."

"And you're beating your demons Caspian! If you had let them consume you you probably would've killed me and Nadine and walked away without guilt. You feel guilty, you feel remorse, that's what makes you human."