Chapter 69 (hehe): Nadine

Ares daughter comes in panic--- Ophelia-- it happens quick and they help each other heal--- mom kicked her out because she caught her drinking and smoking weed and making out with a girl in her bedroom after coming home late from work

"You're really pretty, do you know that?" the girl asked as I finished bandaging my arms for tonight.

"Thank you." I shyly respond, not even looking at her properly. I knew that she was a new camper, claimed immediately by Ares and collapsed the minute she walked in. She was hardly waking up as she said that.

I turned to take a look at the groggy girl of around my age sitting up and rubbing her head. She had a messy haircut a little shorter than above her shoulders-- choppily cut and dyed bright turquoise as well.

"You're not too bad yourself." I add jokingly, sitting at the end of her bed.

"I don't know where I am, but I think that you look friendly. Are-are you some kind of angel? Am I dead or dying and you're here to take me away?" she asks, her voice rough.

"No, no. You're in a very safe place. My name is Nadine."

"My name is Ophelia..." she utters, sinking back into her sheets, falling asleep once again.

I smile lightly at her. She looked so peaceful while she was sleeping and it oddly enough reminded me of those nights with Elizabeth where we'd snuggle up in bed and I'd read to her as she fell asleep. I didn't know what it was, but I felt something explode in my chest. A mini firework.

I'm still not sure why, exactly.

***

"Welcome to camp half-blood, a place for half-gods, half-humans. I'm a daughter of Hades and you're a daughter of Ares, make sense so far?" I ask.

"Hell yeah! This is so cool, so it's like, magic is real, right?" I smile at her enthusiasm.

"Yep, it's all real, it's all here, it's all everywhere."