Chapter 52: Belle

there was supposed to be some other character's stuff between these but I just don't wanna write, but they flow fine it's just a lot at once

"Calum, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Listen, I know I've done some regrettable things in my life, and I know that I'm not perfect, and I know that you're mad at me. But I'm so sorry, and I mean that with all my heart." He said sincerely, his eyes filled with pain.

"Shut up. You don't regret it, and I think you know it. You are the person you are, and that's fine. It's just not my type. Sorry." I shoot back.

"A good friend once told me something," he said, nearing me, "he said that the way you can tell if someone is lying, all you have to do is kiss them, and you'll be able to tell."

"And what logic comes with that?" I asked.

"I swear to the gods, if I could go back and not do the things I did, I would." He confessed.

"I still don't-" he cut me off the best way he knew how, he kissed me.

I knew I shouldn't kiss him back, that I should shove him away, but another part of me loved the longingly familiar way his mouth felt against mine.

So I gave into the horrible sin, and I kissed him back. And he was right, you could tell, there was no hesitation in the kiss, no waiting no holding back. Maybe he did do some bad things, but everyone put under the spotlight does, right? But for now I didn't think, I just kissed him hard against the mouth, only wanting more.

He pulled away, looking at me in the eye, "Do you believe me? I'm sorry, Belle. I'm so, so sorry."

"I believe you," and for a moment, he looked relieved, "All this time being away from you has hurt me, I hadn't even realized how much it would hurt me to be away from you." I said lightly.

"I'm not letting you go so easy this time, ok?" he began to breathe, smiling.

"Ok, together."

***

I rolled over in bed expecting the warmth of his body, but it was only cold sheets, I bolted upright, it was five o'clock, where in hell could've he gone?

"Calum?" I asked groggily, no response, and my siblings would've woken me if he had left as a reminder.

I pulled on an old sweatshirt of his I hadn't realized I kept wearing and some running shoes.

I walked silently past my sleeping siblings and out the cabin door straight to the Ares cabin, knocking as quietly as I could.

Clarisse answered with a glare, until she realized it was me, "see you're up early, nerd. What's up?"

"Did Calum happen to come back late last night?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, no. I'll start looking for him, don't worry."

"It can't be like he's missing, I mean, where could've he ran without being eaten by the harpies?" I asked nervously.

"I'm not sure, but ever since Travis went missing.... We have to be cautious."

"You think the same happened to him... that he's been kidnapped?" I asked.

"I can't know."

Without a response to her I bolted to the Poseidon cabin, slamming my fist on the door, and Caspian opened it drearily.

"What the fuck, it's so early, go to bed-"

"Calum's missing." I said, practically panting.

"What?" Percy asked, coming over.