Chapter 68: Caspian

I went to his cabin and knocked on the door. The door creaked open to reveal a sleepy Ashton.

"What the hell are you doing here? Get the fuck away-"

"Ash, please, just hear me out and I'll be out of your life, forever," I said, choking back tears.

"Fine."

"Darius talked to me again, my mother's dead. She died a couple days ago, I'm going to the funeral."

"So your little bargain didn't work?"

"No, one life doesn't equal three. It's only a matter of time before either my dad or my brother is dead. The only thing that can save both of them is another life taken."

"Are you saying you're going to kill another innocent demigod?"

"No, that life is going to be mine. It's only fair, I started this whole mess, I need to end it. I've caused nothing but pain and anger, I deserve it anyways. You all deserve a happy life without me, my family deserves a happy life without me."

"No, you're not going to kill yourself for this! He promised you the three of them would be safe!"

"I thought you'd be happy..."

"Why?"

"You said you hated me with every fiber in your body and that you wish I had never come in to any of you guys' lives."

"I-I didn't mean that-"

"Well it sure sounded like it."

"I thought it'd make me feel better, but it made me feel like absolute shit. I tried so fucking hard to get over you and I just can't. Please don't go through with this Caspian."

"I need to, I love them, even if they hate me. It's not like they could anyways, I don't think anyone could love a girl who's always fucking things up and has a million and one mental disorders-"

"I do, I love you Caspian."

"Y-you do?"

"Yes, with all my heart."

"I-I love you too Ashton," I said before kissing him.

"I missed that," He said with a tired smile.

"Me too, but I need to find Darius."

"No, no more Darius drama."

"Exactly, I'm going to end this Darius drama once and for all."

"So no dying?"

"No dying. I'm still going to the funeral though, I need to face my family, or at least see that they're okay."

"Okay, don't be long with Darius, I'll meet you at your cabin. Stay safe," he told me, kissing the top of my head.

***

"Darius?"

"Right here, love. Come to strike another deal?"

"No! You told me they'd be safe, the blood of a demigod for their safety! You broke the deal! Why the hell is my mother dead? And the truth this time."

"It was suicide, Caspian, out of my control. I assured you that they wouldn't die at my hands, and they didn't."

"Oh."

"You know, you have a madness to you, I like that."

"What do you mean?

"You want to know why you're such a trouble maker?"

"What-why?"

"You've got a bit of monster blood in you, just as I do. It's distant, but it's there. Your's is little enough that it barely affects demigods, but humans? They can't handle it, monster blood of any quantity at that."

"So what are you saying?"

"Your family couldn't help but hate you. Your mother went insane because she couldn't handle that same blood surging through her own veins. You, being a demigod, are strong enough to, and that's powerful, very powerful."

"Why are you telling me this? You never tell people anything unless you want something out of them."

"I want you to join me, Caspian. Together we can wreck havoc on this Earth, show everyone who's ever doubted us that we're a force to be reckoned with. With your power and mine together we could be unstoppable!" He stated, grabbing my hands.

"No, we made a deal this one time. Monster blood or no monster blood, I'll never be one of you," I snapped, pulling away.

"Come on Caspian, the blood's only going to grow stronger. Sooner or later you'll drive them all away, and I wonder who you'll be crawling to then?" He hissed.

"I'm willing to risk it, I'd rather be alone than with a snake like you."

"Whatever you say... Just remember, blood's thicker than water. Also, tell your dad I say hi, he's just dying to see me," he smirked before walking off.