Chapter 79: Percy

major trigger warning again

I walked up to the Poseidon to get a few things I had left behind at camp. None of the lights were on so I assumed Caspian was gone. The main room was empty. I grabbed a few t-shirts and pants along with some random trinkets and put them in my bag.
I made my way to the bathroom to get some toiletries I had left behind. I opened the door and I screamed. Caspian was lying there, seemingly dead, blood covering her arms and legs, an empty pill bottle lying on the floor next to a note. I grabbed the note and scooped her lifeless body up, rushing the the infirmary. Don't die on me Caspian dammit. I busted through the door, panic evident on my face. They took her body from me and took her back to hopefully revive her. But I had a horrible feeling in my gut, it was far too late to save her. I pulled the note out of my back pocket, sat down, and began reading her sloppy handwriting.

"Dear whoever's reading this,

I'm sorry you had to be the one to find my body, I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight. If you're somehow not one of the people mentioned in this letter then I don't even want to know why you were in my cabin. Either way I can't write for shit so here goes nothing.

First of all, Belle,

You were my best friend. We've been through so much and it pains me that our last conversation was such a hateful one. I really do love you, don't ever forget that. Please don't beat yourself up over this, because I know you will. It really wasn't your fault. I'm glad you're happy, even if it's without me.

Calum,

You and I weren't as close, but you were still an amazing friend. Please make Belle happy, don't ever break her heart, she deserves the world. I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you or to drag you into this whole mess. Please stay happy, you deserve that much after what I've put you through.

Luke,

My lukey, you're such an amazing friend and overall an amazing person. I hope you and Hannah last, I can tell she makes you really happy. Never change buddy, you're such a little dork and I love you for that. Please don't blame yourself, stay happy sunshine I love you.

Michael,

I never meant to put Nadine through all of this, I know I'm a horrible person. Please make her smile the way you have everyone else with your dorky jokes. Don't beat yourself up over my death, please please stay smiley Mikey.

Dad and Sammy,

I'm sorry I was such a horrible daughter and sister. I don't even know if you're even still alive, knowing Darius he probably killed you to haunt me for the rest of my live. Just know I love both you, even if you don't love me. I'll be with Mom now, we killed our demons, even if we killed ourselves too.

Percy,

I'm so sorry I've put you through so much shit. I don't deserve a brother like you, you're a hero and the best guy I've ever known. You were right to hate me all those years, please listen to your gut, I am a horrible person, but please don't cry over me. I'm not worth your tears. You and Annabeth have a wonderful life. I love you both so much, hopefully you'll finally have the family you've always dreamed of.

Nadine,

I'm so so so fucking sorry. I've done nothing but ruin your life, you shouldn't forgive me. You have every right to hate me. You're an amazing person, you deserve your second chance at life. I hope you and Ophelia stay together, she's good for you.

Ashton,

You told me you weren't coming back because I was cutting. I stopped cutting in fear of losing you, my sunshine, my eye of the storm.

I went to your cabin to tell you that I broke my bad habit, but I saw you pressing your lips against someone new's.

My walk home was lonely and tearful, but the only thing now pressed against my body is a blade. I guess it's time to quit my bad habit, you. The only way I can do that is by leaving for good. So this is my final goodbye.I still love you Ashton, but please be happy without me, you deserve it.

-Caspian"

I felt tears run down my cheeks. I didn't know she felt like this, nobody told me what happened. I ran to find the others.

After searching for quite some time I found them down by the lake.

"Guys!" I yelled.

"Percy! What's up?" Nadine asked, a huge grin on her face.

"Cas-Caspian," I choked out.

"What about her?" Michael asked.

"Sh-she's dying, probably won't survive." I thrusted the note into Belle's hands. Their faces all contorted to sadness as they read.

"N-no no no she can't be dead goddammit we fucked up guys," Luke said, starting for the infirmary before I stopped him.

"I wouldn't, they're using all they've got on her," I said.

"S-she really isn't gonna make it is she?" Michael whimpered, tears beginning to pool in his eyes.

"I wish I could tell you otherwise b-but she probably won't make it." I looked at Nadine and could tell she could feel it too.

"She's at the crossroads, it's up to her at this point," Nadine said. Ashton then just bolted. Luke began sobbing profusely, Michael pulling him into his chest trying to calm him. Calum hugged Belle, tears beginning to stream down his face as well.

"I-I'm sorry, I wish i could've gotten there sooner-""Percy this isn't your fault, Caspian had full intentions of dying, no second thoughts, and I'm sorry but she'll probably head down the road of death at the crossroads," Nadine mumbled the last part, but we all still heard her loud and clear. Caspian probably wasn't coming back and we all knew it.