Chapter 27: Calum

I walked intensely to my room, pulling out my sword

"You, me, arena, now." I hiss.

"Okay, okay." Darius laughs, grabbing his sword as I gripped onto my own, walking slowly to the large field.

"Hey Calum!" Michael shouted behind me.

"Now is not the time." I growl.

"Okay dude, calm you tits, what's happening?"
"What's happening is I'm defending someone who deserves to be defened."

"So specific." he uttered.

"Just go."

"Is this about Belle?"

"Go."

"Calum, she wouldn't want you get yourself hurt."

"GO!" I shout and he gives me a stern look before running off.

***

I kicked him to the ground, pointing the sword at his neck.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't slit your throat open?" I growl.

"Because you don't have to guts." he spat.

I dug my sword further into his neck, testing him.

"Repeat that?" I hissed.

He was silent and I felt myself ready to kill him for all he did to Belle. It was rancid, it was terrible. Fuck it, it was literally illegal!

I should kill him, it'd do the world a favor. He'd be gone and one more dickhead who abuses girls is gone. He'll be gone. Belle's pain will be gone. Belle's pain would be gone.

I lift of the sword, but right as I'm ready to bring it down I hear a gentle sound, "Calum?"

"Belle," I said slowly and calmly, not moving my position, but my voice softer, "leave this to me, I'll meet up with you later."

"No, no... please don't do this, I don't need you to-"

"Aw, you're still too scared to stand up to me, how adorable." Darius interrupted.

"Shut up." I hissed, pushing the sword into his neck, making sure blood began to flow. A nice thin stream of the scarlet material was sliding down his chest now, not enough to kill him, not yet.

"You know that she's weak, don't you? You could pin her down and fuck her real easy with those muscular arms of yours-"

"You're one sick bastard. I would never do that, not to her, not to anyone. You didn't ask for consent, you just hurt her, and who knows who else! You deserve to be killed-"

"NO! Calum, you'll get in terrible trouble, please don't. Just let him go!"

"You still have feelings for me after all this, cute-"

"If you fucking dare say one more thing-"

"CALUM!" Belle screeches, "IF YOU KILL HIM, YOU'LL BE LOCKED UP WHO KNOWS WHERE AND I'LL LOSE YOU! P-please don't do that to me!"

"So desperate, I remember how desperate you sounded when I-"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shout before throwing my weapon to the ground.
"Thank the gods..." Belle uttered.

"Final friendly reminder," I hiss, lifting him into up into the air by the shirt, "If you go near her again, if you even dare and touch her, I will kill you, and don't you have a single doubt in your mind that I won't." I throw him to the ground before storming off, Belle on my tail.

I walked into the Ares cabin, slamming the door behind me, only to have Belle run in moments later, ranting on.

"He could've hurt you!"

"He couldn't, all he's got is his voice, barely could use his goddamn sword."

"He's a cheater, he would've shot you with a gun hidden somewhere in his armour if you gave him time! Why did you do that? It was stupid and dangerous and-"

"He hurt you." I interrupted.

"And you'd sacrifice your health for that? Calum, I-I couldn't live with myself if you were hurt because you were defending me. I wouldn't live within my own skin-"

I grabbed her shoulder, forcing her to look straight at me.

"He did something unspeakable to you and I was avenging you the best way I knew how. I won't do it again, knowing the distress it's causing, but know that I'd happily grab a few cuts and bruises for you. I-I really do care about you Belle." I love you.

"You really think I didn't deserve any of that? That I wasn't an idiot for being too scared and letting it continue for as long as I did?"

"It wasn't your fault, you could never deserve to be treated the sick way you were! That boy, he mistreated your mind and your body, I wasn't going to let him get away with that." I insist, placing my hand on her cheek.

She didn't move it away, instead she grabbed the hand on her cheek and held it tight, not letting it move.

"Thank you." she whispered, pressing her forehead to mine, our lips only inches apart, making my desire to kiss her so strong it felt like I had the world on my shoulders to hold myself back, but I did. She then hugged me tight and I felt myself sigh in relief. It was so much easier to not have to look at her pink lips so close to mine.

There we go, that's the long chapter y'all were looking for. I'm too lazy to wake Olivia up and too eager to get this up for y'all to get an author's note from her but here's the chapter. 

- Tova