Chapter 38: Michael

"I can't tell Nico this, so I'm telling you."

"What do you mean you can't tell him?"

"It'll hurt him, Michael, but it won't hurt you and I need someone's help."

"Of course, of course. I won't tell him, I swear. What's wrong?"

"I relapsed." she cried quietly, showing me the fresh cuts on her already scarred wrists.

"No, no, no. What happened? Were you triggered? Did you have another panic attack?"

"The panic attacks had nothing to do with this. It was Darius... he shoved me against a wall and pinned my wrists back and tried to kiss me and I-I tried to stop him, but I was panicking. Then when I finally pushed him back as skeletons reached their hand though and tripped him down. I thought it was over, but he spat something I haven't been called in years. He shouted that I was a- a-a f-f-fag." she stumbled out.

I pulled her into a tight hug, trying my best to comfort her now pouring sobs.

"Shh, you know that's not true. Nothing about you is wrong, you're the nicest sibling I've ever had, the sister I've always wanted, okay? And you're really smart, and kind, and you beat me at League of Legends. Don't let that ignorant asshole's words ruin you." I soothed.

"What was that about?" Luke asked me.

"Nothing you need to be worried about." I responded calmly.

"C'mon, tell us the juicy gossip. Was she rejected or something?" he joked. I knew that's all it was-- a joke, but anger surged inside me as I shot a vicious glare at him.

"Yes, because absolutely everything is about that, isn't it? Everyone's life problems are decided by your little imagination." I hissed.

"Jesus, it was a joke mate..." he uttered.

"Everything's a fucking joke with you isn't it? I swear to god Luke you need to grow up, this isn't child's play anymore, and if you can't see that I suggest you shut the fuck up! Maybe if you actually tried to see what goes on around here, make some friends, and stopped being the annoying, shy mama's boy then maybe you wouldn't be making stupid, insensitive jokes like that!" I yelled, the younger blonde boy shrinking back in fear, his crystal blue eyes becoming glassy.

"I'm sorry, Mike," he mumbled before running off.

"Luke wait!" I yelled but it was too late, the damage had been done.

the next chapter makes me cry bc my baby lucas