Chapter 57: Calum (again yes)

ok so basically what was supposed to happen before this was belle gets confronted by one of her titan sibling people and she choses them bc she thinks its the only way or she was forced idk i told olivia to write that goddamn chapter cause it's important as hell but she didn't and either way I don't care too much for this storyline in general so

"Wh-why are you doing this?" I asked my voice in a huff.

"It was either you or my home. I chose home." Belle sobbed out, guilt in her eyes while holding the bloody dagger.

"But- but... home? The camp? What does that have t-to do with me?" I stuttered.

"No, home isn't this camp. Home is on my own, there are people I've met recently... and they've come to mean a lot to me. I wasn't going to risk that for us-"

"You said you loved me-"

"And I do, but these people... they're my family. I found my brothers and sisters with the same mom and same dad. We all were abandoned and that's something you could never understand-"

"I feel pretty damn abandoned right now!"

"he threatened me! He said I either kill you or he'll kill them, and I made my choice." I could tell she was lying and her eyes were pleading for be to just believe it, but I wasn't taking it. Anger and adrenaline filled up inside me and I screamed at her something I never would have imagined being to say to such a person in my life...

"You're a monster, you did this for yourself, there's no one there! You're going to leave like this so you have a chance to escape the place where everyone hates you!" I coughed out blood.

"You're right," she said, suddenly smirking, the tears on her face dripping away, "I am a monster, daughter of a titan to be precise." I saw right through the act. It wasn't like I didn't believe the facts, just not the way she was acting, I knew her too well, I knew she was pretending.

"What?" I asked.

"My mother isn't Athena, but a daughter of one. She had a fling with Hyperion a few times. Created some kids. I'm one of them, and I finally know, I found my home. It's with them." She insisted.

"But you were claimed and had dreams of spiders-"

"And I didn't realize I was being fooled. Athena didn't want her family name in shame so she claimed me to make me think I was normal. I had the dreams because I do have her blood in my veins. I know who I am now and they had proof, and I'm not sorry for being a monster. I know I am." She hissed. It stung at my heart.

"You only are what people make you become." I uttered.

"And look what your short temper made you say so quickly." She whispered.

"Belle" I whimpered, realizing my mistake, guilt flooding through me in a rush of heat, "it was a lapse in judgement-"

"No, it was you thinking you could be dominant over me, but I hate to tell you, son of Ares, my mind is more powerful than your body will ever be. I'm done with being your sex toy, because ever since you came back I've seen what you really wanted out of me. You're just as bad as he was. I have better people waiting for me, and I'm not leaving them for some man who could happily find another girl to play with like a fucking doll." Her voice rose with every word, hurt revealing in her cold eyes.

"You know that isn't true, I love you-"

"Save it. Just let the blood keep dripping until someone finds you. I'll be gone by then, out of your precious little head." She snapped.

"so you weren't supposed to kill me?"

"n-no, just get close enough to get my point across. Loving you was a my lapse of judgment. So now I leave the place where everyone hates me, because as you know, no one cares until you're gone."

"Are you doing this for attention or something?"

"No darling, that's exactly what I don't want. So for what you know I'm just visiting an old friend. I broke up with you because I had been cheating-"

"You make it seem like you want to disappear and everyone to hate you-"

"exactly, I don't want to be missed, and I don't want to be found."

"You actually want that?"

"I'm just following orders, sweetie. I leave with everyone hating me, including you, and I get to go be with my monsters."

"Who threatened you?"

"Someone who hates the titans and anyone like them. Your dearest friend, Ashton."

"What does he have to do with this?" I asked, coughing up more blood.

"Ask him when you can." She finished, bolting out the window, gone.

"HELP!" I screamed, but no one responded, "HELP!" I screamed again, and Caspian walked into the room.

"Belle, you'll never believe- holy shit!" she screamed whilst discovering me.

"Get me-to-the," I coughed up another hunk of blood, and managed, "infirmary." That's when I blacked out, still thinking without a doubt- she didn't mean it.