Chapter 34: Caspian

I rolled onto my back panting, sweat dripping down my forehead.

"God that never gets old," Ashton groaned, turning to me and smiling. I just nodded in reply, resting my head on his chest.

"You okay?" He asked, kissing the top of my head.

"Mhmn, just tired," I mumbled, beginning to drift off to sleep.

"Fuck," Ashton said, suddenly shooting up.

"What?"
"I forgot I promised Haley I'd hang out tonight."

"Who's Haley?" I asked, furrowing my brow.

"Oh she's this Aphrodite girl, we've been hanging out a lot recently," He explained while pulling his clothes on.

"Oh... Cool, well you better not keep her waiting," I sighed.

"Yeah, I'll see you later Caspian," He said with a smile, rushing out the door.

You really thought you were something special to him? Pathetic.

"I am important, shut up," I mumbled.

Oh really, then why is he with her? She's prettier than you, smarter than you, funnier than you, everything you're not- shut up, that's not true.

It is and you know it, might as well savor whatever you can with him, he's going to leave you, going to forget all about you.

"I never meant anything," I told myself, looking at my tear-stained face in the mirror.

"Nothing but another groupie."