Chapter 33: Calum

One month later...

I was glad that I finally found my place at camp. Yes, it was hard as hell, and I missed traveling on tour, but these damn demigods weren't too bad to perform for, and the Ares cabin felt like family. I felt like I belonged as I was winning camp competitions and hanging around with these badass fighters. I was getting surprisingly good with a spear and sword, but unlike Ashton and Luke, I could not shoot an arrow if my life depended on it. And of course I was still getting used to Michael raising the dead. That was interesting to say the least. The minute I let myself try and adjust, I was immediately at home.

I was sitting by the lake, alone, thinking about life. Everything good. Everything bad. Just everything in general.

"Where are all of your band buddies? Off with their girlfriends?" I heard a voice ask, Belle's voice.

She sat beside me, and dipped her feet into the water.

She was wearing light makeup like she always did, acid-washed jean shorts, and a camp half blood tee shirt that was messily cut into a crop top to show a bit of her petite waist with the beaded necklace. Her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail, tiny wisps of hair escaping onto her face. She looked beautiful.

"Yeah, Michael and Cecil are off somewhere, Ashton and Caspian are probably off in the Poseidon cabin fucking, and Luke is single as shit... no clue where he is, so yup, I'm all alone here." I shrugged. She laughed, which made me smile. She had a sweet, kind laugh, it somehow always made me smile... but I can't get any ideas... she's just wants me as a really good friend. Yup. That's, uh, all.

"Caspian making out with Ashton. What a lovely vision to haunt my nightmares." She giggled.

"Why is it a nightmare?" I asked.

"Because, my best friend making out with someone is always a disturbing picture." She explained.

"Don't worry, Ashton won't take her away from you." I assured.

"I hope." She looked off into the lake, I wasn't sure if she was watching the nymphs, but she seemed to be picturing something in the water.

"What are you looking at?"

"Right here, at this spot of the lake, Percy and Annabeth sealed their love and shit. I always thought it was a special place that represented happy endings, but now I'm not sure if I'll get one."

"How was this where they got together?" I asked.

"Right here, they were thrown into the lake, and proved their love with an official kiss- an underwater kiss. It was a special day at camp, it was the same day we defeated the titans. I always thought that maybe I'd be the one with the special moment, but I've come to realize that possibly that won't happen," she sighed, "sorry, you shouldn't have to listen to all my problems."

"It's ok, I don't mind." I wrapped my arm around her, and she leaned on my shoulder. I don't know why her words got to me so much.

"Sometimes it hurts to think about love. Especially after... he left me scars. Most specifically on my back. You see, he had a dagger with him and when I begged for him to leave me alone when he was going to do something I was completely and utterly uncomfortable with... he cut me. A good few inches in and I needed stitches. It never healed, and it's disgusting. It just sits there and reminds me of what I let him get away with... he ruined my life. He took away everything... my social life, my friends, my dignity. All thrown into a big bin. I've lost every last bit of self-respect because of him. I-I can't look into the mirror without hearing the things he said. They were worse than anything else." she shuddered.

"And these scars...? Would you ever be willing to show them to me?" I ask delicately.

"One day, but not yet... not quite yet."

Holding her close to me was confusing as all hell. My feelings towards her had to be staying the same- Because she doesn't want a 'happy ending' with me out of anyone else in the world.

Well, she couldn't feel anything romantic about me, right? I mean, we act like friends and that's all she wants; She made that bloody clear.

At that moment- I realized that even if she didn't feel the same way- I still really fucking liked her. Liked her, liked her. Gods of Olympus, I sound like a twelve year old. It's so stupid it's been that way since we met eyes and I sounds ridiculous, but even when I thought it was over it wasn't.

I was still in love with her and I couldn't shake it.

I wanted her to love me back.

Her eyes went up from the lake to mine.

They sparkled hazel in the sun's lighting.

I kept finding myself glancing towards her lips, and her eyes seemed to glance towards mine.

And without even knowing it we leaned close together, her head tilted.

"What's happening?" she breathed the question.

"This is happening." I answered, almost feeling her heartbeat against mine.

"Should I be doing anything to stop it?" Our lips barely inches apart.

"No." I promised.

"What if this ends up wrong? What if my heart breaks all over again?" she asked.

"Sometimes you just need to let go. Not worry for just a moment." I responded.

"And how do I do that?" she asked.

To answer her question, I pressed my lips against hers.

At first, she hesitated, as if she was scared, unlike our first kiss where she dove right into it.

But she quickly let her lips soft against mine, and her hands found their way to my hair.

I held her waist, and held kept her close to me. Her lips tasted of fresh strawberry's like the fields at camp. I breathed in her scent- a combination of the outdoor forest of camp and the books in the Athena cabin.

She pulled away, taking a breath, but I pulled her lips against mine again.

Her hands held onto my shoulders, but moved to around my neck, and to my hair making it a mess, she moved on top of my lap, her legs wrapping around my waist. My hands stayed against her back, rapidly pulling her closer to me, but they eventually moved lovingly up to her hair, where I unknotted the rubber band holding her hair up, letting her light curls barely cover our faces. This was nothing like the lustful and nearly angry first kisses we had, this was... genuine and real and... fucking amazing.

She pulled away a second time, and looked away from me, I heard her taking deep breaths.

"That... just happened." she blurted.

"yeah." I bit my lip awkwardly.

Suddenly, her wide eyes and still mouth turned into a smile and she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked, flustered.

"Because that just happened." she giggled.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"Nope." And she leaned over a placed a peck on my lips.

"So, you're my girlfriend now." it wasn't even a question.

"Yeah, and I know that you won't break my heart... you wouldn't do that." She stated.

"of course not." I answered, grabbing her hand, "it's you and me, and it's staying that way."

This is Olivia's, Olivia's not gonna ever speak to me again, let alone check this story but y'all deserve the updates, I'm putting everything we have so far up and maybe I'll finish the story myself

Tova