Chapter 41: Caspian

(Major trigger warning) (Italics voices inside caspian's head) (Bold w/ italics Caspian thoughts)

"You know what? Stop bye when you figure out how to be a friend." I felt my heart strings snap. Of course she hates you, everyone hates you, you're annoying as fuck. Shut up. Come on you know it's true, you'd do everyone a favor if you left. No. Leave this camp, leave their lives, leave this world. It's so easy and you know it. No I have Ashton, he doesn't hate me, he can't- and Luke he would never- Come on you know Ashton's just in it for the sex, and you're the only one willing to provide. As if he'd ever love you, who in their right mind would anyways? And Luke? He just needs to vent, he'll find someone else. I ran back to the cabin, slamming the door, running to the bathroom, locking the door. I fell back against it, slipped to the floor and sobbed. Look at you, pathetic. Just do it Caspian, a few cuts, you deserve it. You need to feel the pain you've caused everyone. The pain of putting up with an extremely hyperactive, stupid, untalented, annoying girl who can't make anyone happy. Shut up. All you are is a nuisance get out of my head! Your family saw it, Belle sees it, it's only a matter of time before everyone who's ever mattered to you sees it too. Get out of my head, get out of my head,

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I screamed before breaking down. I didn't think twice about grabbing them. They weren't even blades, but a shattered compact mirror. Aftermath from a previous break down. I cut and I cut, blood trailing down my arm, dripping to the floor. That's it, keep going. Cut upwards, they can't stitch it up that way.

They're all better off without you, just like your family is.

I know.

Flashback

"Do you see her? She's tearing this family apart, she's not even our kid!" A woman in her mid 40's says to her husband in a psychiatric hospital room.

"Honey she's our kid-"

"I see the way she's looks at us, sh-she's scheming, always causing trouble," She pauses for a moment, turning to the doorway, "You." The woman runs to her and attempts to hit her, succeeding after a few tries, while the girl cowers away in fear.

"Mom! Mom stop! Please! What are you doing? Stop!" She screams, to no avail.

"You did this, you're ruining everything!" The man pulls her off the girl by her hospital gown and takes her to the bed, shutting the door, leaving the small girl to listen to her mother's cries.

"Stop looking at me! Stop looking at me!"

Two years later

"Dad? Dad are you even listening to me?"

"I've been listening. I've been listening Caspian!"

"You just don't believe."

"Yeah cause all I hear is bullshit! ADHD? Dyslexia? No kid of mine is going to be a fuck up you hear me?"

"Mom would've believed me."

"What the hell was that young lady?"

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought."

One year later

"Dad why didn't you tell me? I could've helped! I could've gotten a job! You have to tell me these things so I can care for you!"
"I don't have to tell you anything! You see Caspian, you're not supposed to take care of me! I'm the dad, you're the daughter. Get it? Dad, daughter. I take care of you, but you make that pretty fucking difficult. You know sometimes I wish you could just shut your fucking mouth and behave, maybe I wouldn't have to spend thousands on fucking medication!"

One year later

"You see this? It's you Caspian, it's always been you, you're tearing this family apart! The day your mother got locked up I thought to myself, 'How the hell am I going to raise this stupid kid by myself, this annoying, useless, hyperactive little bitch who keeps ruining my life!' You drove your mother crazy you hear me, and now you're driving me insane too! Get the hell out and never look back, you hear me? I don't want to see you anywhere near me, your mother or your brother! Maybe once you're gone I can finally have some fucking peace!"