Chapter 46: Belle

"You bitch, you scared me half to death." I threw my arms around the sleepy girl.

"Sorry, can't exactly be like 'Hey by the way I'm dying right now sorry,'" She said with a small smile.

"Oh shut up, but seriously don't ever do something like that again. You're my best friend and I'm so sorry for what I said. I was super stressed and I took it out on you, something friends shouldn't do."

"It's okay, it really wasn't your fault Belle," She told me, averting her gaze to a very interesting crack on the ceiling instead of looking me in the eyes. I could tell she was lying.

"No, it was, I pushed you over the edge, and I was a horrible friend not to see the signs earlier," I protested. I heard her say something under her breath, but I chose to ignore it. I reached out to grab her hand in an attempt to comfort her.

"Don't you dare touch her." Ashton hissed, storming into the room, "You have no right to go near her! You're the one who caused this!"

"Who the hell told you that?" I shout back.
"I heard a conversation between Michael and-"

"And nothing! I didn't do anything intentionally! No one ever does!"

"You have no right to try and defend yourself, bitch. You did this and you can't defend yourself this time-"

"Both of you shut the fuck up!" Caspian shouted, to no avail.

"No! I won't shut up until she's out of here!"

"Listen, asshole you have barely known her for a few months I've known her for years!" I shout, storming over to him.

"And look who's done a better job protecting her!"

"SHE HADN'T RELAPSED IN MONTHS UNTIL YOU ARRIVED! All of you have created this new shit every day and-"

"And I'm sure you enjoy your fuckbuddy plenty-"

I interrupt him with a punch in the jaw, shoving him against the wall, "You don't know anything about me. You don't know anything about my life." I grumble under my breath.

"You fucking bit-"

"She's right, Ash." Caspian interrupts.

"What could you've been through? Your mommy and daddy didn't love you as a kid-"

"Ashton!"

"I never had a mother nor a father! They all abandoned me! I was a foster kid for years on end until I came here! I've been on quest after quest and never got a touch of recognition! My mother didn't want to claim me, I found my father and when I went to his home you know what he said to me, he said 'you're not my child. You'll never be'! Do you know how that fucking feels?" My voice cracked.

He was silent as our eyes were locked in a stare off. 

My birthmark burned like it had never before. I wanted them here, or more so like I wanted to go with them.

No.

"Remember where you stand." I shove past him and out of the door, running to the lake to think.

The thinking went from just thinking into crying and from crying to having my hands locked in my hair and from simply putting it in messy knots to pulling out chunks as my back burned more and more.

I couldn't leave this place. I had to repeat to myself over and over again until I started believing it was true.

Yet the burn was only strengthened.

Ever since they told me, I've been more aware of the burn I had in some situations of pain.

Even though I knew how much she needed me right now, I felt useless. Ashton would be better for her anyways.

Another pang on my shoulder.

I want to stay here. This is home. I want to stay here this is home I want to stay here this is home. I want to stay here this is home. I want to stay here this is home.I want to stay here this is home.

***

(i know there was probably more stuff planned in-between here but i don't care)

Calum  cupped his hands on my face as he leaned in to kiss me. It started gentle, but deepened as my hands wound their way to his back and his to holding my waist, his hands moving on the exposed skin on my midriff. Knowing what he wanted, I pulled off my shirt, and pulled his off as well. He looked at my chest for a moment, making me blush madly, for I had happened to be in a push up bra today-- the only thing clean, I swear.

"Well someone wanted to make today special." He joked, looking back into my eyes.

"Shut up and kiss me." I whispered, and he obeyed, slamming his lips into mine, kissing me harder after every breath we took apart. My hands grasped onto his bare back, my fingernails digging into the skin. He moved his lips from mine and began kissing my neck while holding my waist with his strong hands. His kissed down my neck to my chest and back up to my ear, and my fingernails gripped harder into his skin.

"Can't you at least pretend like you're enjoying it?" he asked jokingly, knowing how much he was teasing me not to have his lips on me.

"You think I'm not?" I asked, pretending to be greatly offended.

He gently touched across my waist and on my back, teasing me with the sparks that were flying up my skin. He then moved backwards as he grabbed my hands and pulled me on top of him, with my legs wrapped around his lower waist. I could feel his body pressed against mine and I wanted to kiss him so bad.

"I'm making you wait," he whispered, "because I know how much you want to kiss me."

"You think by teasing me you're getting any pleasure out of this?" I asked, stroking a piece of hair off his forehead.

"I like watching you wait," he responded, "it's fun."

"So you're doing this as revenge since I so innocently made you wait during the campfire?" I questioned leaning my lips closer to his.

"No," he smiled, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear, "I'm doing this because I know you like a good surprise." He said before filling the space between our mouths and my hands grasped against his back again. His hands began to stumble to my back, beginning to unclasp my bra until we heard the creak of cabin doors.

"Calum, what're you doing in my cabin?" Michael asked making us separate from each other immediately. I grabbed my shirt off the floor and pulled it over my head quickly, covering up my exposed body.

"Nothing much, really." I said, grabbing my bag and trying to walk out of the cabin, blushing madly.

"Nice hickey," Michael joked, "really compliments your eyes."

"Oh shut up." I muttered, walking to the cabin door without a word.

"Wait up," Calum insisted, "Give me a goodnight kiss at least."

"I gave you plenty." I joked, pulling his face to mine for a gentle kiss before walking out and running to Caspian's cabin with a smile I couldn't seem to kill.

More importantly, I wasn't thinking about leaving.