Chapter 42: Ashton

"Caspian? Babe?" I called, banging on the door. I tried the knob, locked. Fuck it. I shoved my shoulder against it a couple times before it quickly came open.

"Cas? I know you're here." I tried the bathroom, locked. There was no answer, no running water either. It could only mean... Don't think that way Ash, I'm sure she's fine.

"Babe?" I asked again, banging on the door. I used my last resort. I broke the door open to find her passed out, covered in blood, her blood.

"NO!" I screamed, tears flooding my eyes as I scooped up her nearly lifeless body.

"Somebody! Anybody! Help!" I cried as I rushed into the infirmary. "She's dying, somebody, please help!" A woman took her from my arms and I collapsed to the floor in a heap of sobs. She can't be gone, no, she was doing so much better. We flushed her blades, sh-she was happy.

"Ashton! What happened?" I heard Michael cry, the other boys soon following in a chorus of questions.

"Sh-she tried to kill herself."

"Who Ashton, who tried to kill herself?" Calum asked.

"Cas-Caspian," I uttered before continuing to sob. I felt a pair of arms around me, looking over to see it was Luke.

"She's gonna be okay Ash, she's strong and-"

"You didn't see it, there was blood, so much blood, and pills, there were pills. Bottles of them, all spilled out onto the counter, so many missing, and-"

"Ashton she's gonna be fine, seriously. She's a trooper, she won't give up without a fight," Calum told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up off the floor.

"Come on, we can come back and visit in a bit. We have the nectar of the gods on our side, she'll be okay," Mike said, trying to lighten the mood. Belle, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found despite her best friend dying as we spoke.

"I think I'm gonna stay, I don't want to miss any updates."

"Okay Ash, don't stay too late, you need your rest just as much as she does," Calum said, patting me on the back before they all left.