Chapter 31: Caspian

"You're saying you expect me to forgive him? After what he did to us? After all of that?" Ashton shouts angrily, his eyes practically storming.

Percy looks down in defeat, his frown melting deeper.

"You have to try and understand, Ashton. He's seen things you couldn't even imagine-"

"And that validates him trying to break us up how? That validates him making you self harm-"

"You did what?" Percy asks, his tone fiercely loyal, something I never heard from him around me.

"I'm still mad about that believe me, but I've seen things from his perspective now and you need to try to as well!" I shout.

"See his perspective?" Ashton spats, "All I see is a shitty older brother who wanted to ruin your happiness! I don't care how many 'things' he's seen, he hurt you-"

"Ashton!" I interrupt, as I turn around to see Percy on the verge of more tears, "He found out his children were born dead not even a few hours ago, you need to give him a fucking break!"

"And you almost killed yourself because of him!"

"He lost himself in Tartarus, a place you've never been and never could imagine going, there and he's trying to bring that back and you yelling and screaming at him isn't going to help in the slightest!"

"Caspian... I'm just going to go check on Annabeth, she probably needs me."

I nod in understanding and he walks away, his hands crammed in his pockets, his ragged hair covering his eyes.

"That was a real asshole move you know..." I utter, rubbing my temples as a throbbing headache occurred.

"He made you hurt yourself, Caspian! No dead kid or tartar sauce shit will change my anger about that!"

"Put yourself in his shoes for three seconds! He was thrown into the position of the savior of everything godly at twelve, as well as thrown into the worst part of hell when he was barely eighteen! He watched hundreds of people die and right when everything in his life calms down you know what happens? When he get's a chance at a family to heal the depression that hasn't faded since the beginning of his life-- his children, his new chance at a family GONE! Imagine that Ashton for one second! I was plenty mad too, but I got to hear things from him that he never told me before, and what he does isn't him! If I can accept that you really should too."

"Caspian he hurt you, I-I can't stand that, I care about you way too much," He says, pulling me close.

"And yet look, I'm the one who got hurt and I'm the one who's forgiving him. He's my brother Ash, my chance at actually having family who cares about me, who aren't gonna kick me out the second they can. Percy has been through a lot of shit in his lifetime and he's willing to accept me. I'm taking the chance." I add.

"If you can forgive him I guess I can too, I just can't stand to see you upset," He says with a small smile, kissing my forehead. 

Fuck this is kinda short but I swear there are a bunch of long chapters coming up. In fact I'll probably leave you with a really really long one before I head off to camp for a month. No electronics = no update

- Tova