Chapter 44: Belle

"I don't believe you." My voice was shaking as she stared me right in the eyes.

"Listen, we don't have much time for this bullshit, you can either believe or you can decide not to."

"You have no proof."

"Sure we do, we all have the same birthmark-"

"No, I mean you have no proof that you're trustworthy, that you're not liars and criminals-"

"I swear to the gods we aren't criminals. Just your family."

"I am not a daughter of a titan! That's ridiculous!"

"Is it? Haven't you ever wondered why you've had a burning energy around you, that one

time the sun rays just bounced to your demand, Hyperion-"

"Shut up." I hiss.

"We all have the same birthmark on our shoulder- the sun."

My heart stopped, "I don't have any idea what you're-"

"Yes you do. We can all see it past your shirt. It burns sometimes doesn't it? Burns because you're not with us, Belle. We're your family-"

"You know nothing about me."

"We know everything about everyone, and that most definitely includes you and how your friend is dead or dying as we speak-"

"What the everloving fuck are you talking about?"

"You don't know? The little one with the colored hair-"

"Oh gods, Caspian-" I'm about to sprint when he grabs my wrist.

"You can run now, but when you're ready, we'll know and we'll come back."

I stared him in the eyes and it startled me how they looked all too similar to mine. I held a stern frown on my face before he let go of my arm-- I bolted.

***

"You fucking dick let me through!" I screech as I push against Michael who's guarding the door into the infirmary.

"No! She's still being healed. Will's working his magic, you can't go through!"

"You think I care? This might me my fault and if I don't see her now-"

"You're fault? How in hell is this your fault?"

"Because I got mad at her! Normally my temper is fair, but I've been feeling ill and I've had this burning sensation and I was grumpy and I lashed out. She out of all people I thought would understand that. Now if this is my fault and she fucking dies-"

"May I remind you that nectar is the drink of the gods, Athena girl-- she'll be fine." I flinched at being called Athena girl. I didn't know what the hell I was.

At this moment the only thing I could think was monster.