Chapter 66: Caspian

"You're right." I heard a cracked voice behind me say as I was walking down the side of the road. I snap around to see a puffy-eyed Belle staring at me, "I am a hopeful person. I think things will work out because that's the only mindset I can have. Maybe that's why I've gotten into so much trouble, but it's given me strength. Everyone has the option to run away from their problems, believe me I know, but you have every way to come back. Ashton and Nadine aren't fighting anymore-- no one is. They're all just worried sick about where you are. The only thing you've done by leaving is crush Ash's heart and leave me friendless. You're right about a lot of things, but you're definitely wrong about being loved by all. In fact you win an award for being the first one to ever try and love me. You're my best friend and I'm telling you that nothing is your fault. Nothing has ever been."

"I wish you were right Belle, but Ashton's not heartbroken. He's the one who told me to leave, he told me he hated me Belle!" I sobbed, falling into her arms.

"Shh, he didn't mean it, he was just in shock."
"You weren't there, I've never heard someone so angry, so hurt, so betrayed. It's all my fault, I can't go back he needs to be happy Belle! I love him I just want him to be happy, and with me there he'll never be happy."
"Caspian he loves you, he really does. No matter how mad he can get he'll still love you, you make him happy. Please come home, he needs you more than anything even if he won't admit it."
"I-I'll come back but if he tells me to leave again I will, he deserves to be happy and if I'm making him unhappy then I'll go," I said shakily, pulling out of Belle's embrace.

"Deal," She said, grabbing my hand as we walked back to camp.