Chapter 65: Ashton

another short chapter but i mean I'm posting this all at once so who gives a fuck fight me

She's gone, I made her leave, I don't hate her, I could never- I heard a knock on the door frame, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ashton... I'm sorry. I wanted to let out my anger because it felt right to do it to you.... but you didn't do a thing. It was selfish and I know you didn't kill her purposely, you're a good man... I'm sorry."

"I-it's okay. I know how it looked, I was holding the knife, there was blood on my hands. My body killed her, it just wasn't my choice."
"I understand that, but you shouldn't blame Caspian either. She cares too much about the people that don't love her to open her eyes to the people that do, but I see where she's coming from. They loved her at one point and she wants to believe they still do or at least will if she shows them how much she loves them. She values everyone's opinions above hers because she wants to believe everyone's important, that everyone's good. She keeps it a secret though, tries to act like nothing can get to her, only breaking down behind closed doors. But Ashton she values your opinion above anyone, and you broke that trust the second you told her to leave."
"I-I really fucked up didn't I?"
"Yeah you did, she'll come home eventually and when she does you need to help her."
"I'll try, thank you Nadine."
"It's fine, I'll see you around," she said, walking out of the cabin.