How to Save a Life- DM X JD

Trigger warning!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something is wrong with Danny and I am determined to find out what it is. We are on tour after the release of American Tragedy. We all try to spend time together, however, Danny spends a majority of time on his own, in the bunk room. He only comes out for food, bathroom breaks or when he is needed for band stuff like rehearsals, sound check, shows, and interviews. Yes, I know he is the new guy and he has only just joined so he would be shy, but he knows us well enough by now considering we have been friends for years.

He has spent more time with us on the other tours he has been on with us. Like he'd hang out with us at every waking moment and we wouldn't find him in the bunk room as much as we do now. This behaviour is very unusual and I want to make sure that he is okay. The fact that I might have a little crush on the lead singer has nothing to do with my concern. Everyone is worried about Danny, his whole life has been turned upside down.

"So Danny isn't coming with us today?" Matt asks as they get ready to go sightseeing while we have the day off. I love the sightseeing part of days off, especially in the newer places with really interesting buildings. "You know he isn't going to go, he rarely leaves his bunk when we are around, it's been that way for months now," Dylan says, he didn't mean it to sound bad or nasty but it is true and we know that we don't like it happening. We don't know what to do.

"I know, that's why I'm planning to change all of that," I say, all eyes in the room fall on me quickly and it makes me a little uncomfortable. This is also slightly awkward, I should have prepared myself for that. "How are you going to do that?" Jordon asks me. "I'm staying behind today to talk to him," I say. "What if he refuses?" George asks a valid point made there. " Well, I'm not going to give up, one day he'll be out and it will be just like before," I tell them, showing them how determined I was.

"We can only wish you luck dude," Dylan says. They say their goodbyes to both Danny and I. They get a little reply off Danny and they leave the bus. I'm going to look busy and see if he'll come to talk to me. If he doesn't then I'll go to the bunk room to see if he'll want to talk to me. I won't force him to tell me anything if he doesn't want to, but I have a feeling that if he lets me in on what's going on then he might feel better and will want to hang out with us more.

Half an hour passes and Danny appears, not even noticing that I had stayed behind. He walks into the kitchen are but I keep my head down and scribble on my notepad. He looks really bad like he is really unwell or something. He is so pale and looks a lot like he could be easily startled. "Danny, are you feeling okay? You don't look too well," I ask him, which startles him a bit. "Uh yeah, I'm fine," he says in a tone which tells me he is a bit unsure.

Before he can go into the bunk room and hide again until after we have gone to bed I reach out and grab his wrist. I don't grab him too harshly but he doesn't break from my grip. "Come sit with me, we need a chat, Danny," I tell him. I have to know what's wrong with him, he is a lot worse off than I thought and I think the rest of the guys would agree with me. He sits down next to me and picks at the edge of his sleeve. "What do you want to talk about?" he asks, I can tell he is feeling nervous which isn't like him. 

"I just want to find out how you're coping, I've not seen you for a while," I say, keeping calm and relaxed in hopes that he'll be relaxed as well and he will talk to me so that he helps me help him. He looks down to the ground and his feet and I have a feeling I know what his answer is. " You're not coping well?" I ask and he nods. "I'm sorry Jorel, it's been a lot to get used to," he says and I put my hand on his shoulder. "No need to say sorry, we knew it was going to be tough," I tell him. I guess it runs deeper than what he was telling me.