Let Me See DM x FM

Hey, this is a random one I came up with at 1 in the morning and started writing it on my phone. I really do need your opinion on part of this...
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

D.p.o.v
"How come we never see you in shorts Danny?" Dylan asks me as I lie on a sun lounger topless and in my skinny jeans while the others mess around in the pool. "I just choose not to wear them," I reply, hoping he will just accept it and drop the subject. "Okay, one day I'll see you in shorts just you wait," Dylan says before jumping in the pool. I just shrug and go back to trying to get a tan on my back for once. Jorel and the others have gotten used to me wearing skinny jeans all the time but the do sometimes wonder why I never wear shorts. They'll just have to accept my reasons until I feel confident enough to show the guys the true reason why I don't wear ripped jeans or shorts around them.

"Danny, come join us," Jorel shouts while I am still trying to get tanned. I shook my head but he couldn't see from where he was. "I don't want to," I shout to him and I turned back to lying on my stomach. I would love more than anything to go into the pool and join in with them but there is just something holding me back and I can't get over that yet. "Leave Danny alone, if he doesn't want to go into the pool then he doesn't want to. Let him get his tan for once," I hear George say when I hear someone get out of the pool probably to try and throw me into the pool. I decide to block them out for a while by wearing my earphones and blasting music. I know that they are never truly going to drop the subject but they don't bring it up as often now.

After a while I roll onto my back so that I can get an even tan on my front and back and I don't get a sunburn on my back. I still have the music playing in my ears and I know I won't get a tan line from the cables. I just watch the guys mess around in the pool, one day I will be with them but I don't think that will be any time soon. They don't know what's wrong with me and I don't know if I want them to know right now. I must have fallen asleep because I open my eyes and my sun lounger now had a shade cover on and George was sitting at the edge of it like he just woke me up. "Come on, the rest have gone home now and I said I'd make sure you got home alright since your truck is out of action," he tells me as I rub my eyes.

"I didn't even realise I had fallen asleep," I tell him and I get up and gather my things. I don't think they know about my disability yet because George hasn't asked me yet. "Yeah, you did look tired when you arrived so I wasn't surprised that you took a nap. Don't worry everyone falls asleep sometimes so calm down," he tells me and pulls me into a hug so he could rub my sides. He doesn't know why I am panicking but him not mentioning it makes me calmer so I will let him help me out this once. "I thought my truck would be fixed by now, it's been in the shop for at least three days and they haven't called me about it," I tell George as I climb into the passenger side of his car. "I'll call them for you when we get back to yours," he tells me, knowing I am not confident with those types of phone calls.

There was one thing I did tell the guy fixing my truck not to mention, I need some slight modifications to my truck but I don't want the guys to know about them and he promised me that he wouldn't. I hope he holds to that one because there is no way in hell that I can reveal that right now. That and my truck is truly broken after I got front ended 4 days ago. I was fine after it but my truck was almost about to be written off. I drive an automatic but I need a couple of adjustments to make me feel more comfortable at the wheel. "Thanks George, I owe you one," I tell him as we get to my house. Louie was waiting for me at the door, patiently wagging his little tail. He follows me to the kitchen where George was making the phone call.

"He said you can pick it up tomorrow at the earliest, there was something about some parts needed ordering in that made it take so long," George says once the phone call is over. I think I knew what parts he was talking about but it is common for garage mechanics to order in parts that they probably don't have to hand. "Awesome, I'll ask Dylan to take me there tomorrow. You need some time with Ava," I say and hug George as my way of saying thanks. "Are you sure Danny? Ava and I won't mind taking you to get your truck and then we'll go off on a playdate and you can go back home," George asks, knowing Ava loves to come and see me because according to Ava I am one of the best uncles. "Yeah, I'm sure, maybe when I have Scarlett next weekend we can meet somewhere like the zoo or something together," I tell George.