If I Can't Sleep DM x CS

So, this one was requested by Katrina on AO3. Eyepatch is coming up next and then I will continue going through other requests as well as other ideas that I have come up with before I start back at college in September. I think I might have 2 or 3 one shots this week depending on how I work since I just need one thing done for Eyepatch and then it is ready to go.

Enjoy Katrina!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danny p.o.v

I look to my right and see my husband Jordon peacefully sleeping next to me. It's four in the morning and I haven't managed to get any sleep yet. Scarlett is at her mother's because it is not my weekend with her yet. I toss and turn in the bed and after a while I decide to give up and go to the kitchen to have a cigarette. If I can't get any sleep right now I might as well use my time awake to be productive. I smoked my cigarette and replied to some emails from the management team about the next tour we are doing. They seemed surprised that I was awake this early in the morning but I told them I had only just woken up for the day.

They would be really worried about my sleeping habits if they found out that in reality I hadn't just woken up and that I haven't actually managed to sleep at all for a week. My insomnia has become really unmanageable recently. I tried to take medication for it to help me sleep at night but I kept having nasty reactions to the pills the doctor kept prescribing me. It took a severe reaction which ended up in a trip to hospital which caused me to stop taking medication for my insomnia. At this moment in time I have been awake for about 168 hours straight now. It's definitely left me feeling exhausted the last few days.

I need to think about what I should do for now until Jordon wakes up in a few hours' time. I decide to waste my time by going into the living room and maybe attempt to fall asleep on the couch. Louie follows me into the living room and lies down next to me on the couch and he rests his head on my arm. I rub his little head and he just sniffed my fingers. I think now that it is nearly half four in the morning. That means Jordon will be awake at either 7 o'clock or 9 o'clock depending on whether or not he has an alarm clock set. I mean I could wake him up now but I feel like it wouldn't be fair on him so I am not going to.

I know when Jordon does eventually wake up he will ask me why I didn't wake him up. I know when it reached day 3 or 4 he asked me to wake him up when I couldn't sleep. I don't know what to tell him if he does ask me. I'll probably tell him the truth and then ask for help to actually sleep at night. I don't know what else can be done about my insomnia anymore. I'll just see what happens when Jordon wakes up I guess. In the meantime, I will just watch some youtubers like Stumpt on the TV until I either fall asleep or Jordon wakes up, whichever one happens first.

~9 am~ Danny p.o.v~

"Danny, you haven't slept again have you?" Jordon asks when he joins me on the couch. I spent the last 6 hours watching different youtubers on the television instead of sleeping since the two attempts I tried in between playlists didn't work out. "No, I tried several times but it didn't work out," I tell him. He kisses my cheek and I kiss him back before we spend some time snuggling on the couch. "Awe babe, maybe I should take you to the doctors to get this sorted out," he tells me. "Yeah this needs sorting out. I have been awake for seven days straight now," I tell him.

"Okay, I'll go get you an appointment set up. You just lie here and rest your eyes and see if we could get you to sleep at least an hour," Jordon tells me and all I can do is nod tiredly at him. He decides to stay with me for a moment and play with my hair. I did as Jordon told me to do and I closed my eyes. Maybe know I will sleep for a little bit. I hear Jordon talk to the receptionist about getting me an appointment to be as soon as possible and their next empty slot was at 10:30 so she put me in there. That was fine by me and I went with Jordon upstairs to get ready for the day and then rest until we have to leave for the appointment at 10 since the doctor's office is nearby and it doesn't take long to get there.