Night Cuddles - DM x JD

January 2015

Jorel p.o.v

Today is another boring studio day, nothing particularly special going on. Only there was the fact that my boyfriend Danny was about half an hour late so far. I had texted him, asking him where he was but so far I haven't had a reply. I am a little worried because it is not like him to be late to the studio. He usually meets me at my house early so we can have some couple time and then go to the studio together. The guys both know and accept the fact that we are dating each other and have been since 2005. That wasn't why he joined us in 2009 as a full time member of the band though, they love his voice as much as I do, and he has the talents to help us grow as a band and be the success we are today.

"I'm sure he'll show up soon," George tells me, and I nod. Literally thirty minutes later Danny walks in and flops onto my lap. He looks exhausted right now and he rests his head on my shoulder. "Good morning little bear," I tell him and kiss him once on the cheek. He sighs and holds onto me for comfort. Something wasn't right, maybe he is sick or something. "Morning Jay," he says, and he spoke so quietly I almost didn't hear him properly. "Are you very sleepy there Danny?" I ask him, and he nods. I make sure that Danny is comfortable if he decides to sleep on me. I kiss him on the top of the head and let him close his eyes. It doesn't take him long to fall asleep in my arms. George looks at me sympathetically.

"Poor Danny, he must have had a bad night," George says as I hold Danny close. He was here in case we decided to record more vocals for him. They are focusing on Dylan and Jordon today from what I have been told so far. "Must have had a few bad nights. He looks so exhausted bless him," I tell George, we both noticed the bags under his eyes as he slept. I wanted to touch his cheek, but I don't know how deeply sleeping he is right now. "Maybe you can talk to him later, find out what is going on. He'll end up in hospital if this keeps up for much longer," George tells me. I have some worried about this, he has seemed to have come into work more frequently exhausted but not to this level where he basically passed out in my arms.

"I'll try but Danny is very stubborn when it comes to this sort of thing. He's not gonna open up to me all the time even if I am his boyfriend," I tell George. I have to be honest with George. I can't use my status as his boyfriend to get Danny to tell me everything that is wrong with him. Even his mom has asked me in the past if he opens up to me more than he does to her. He doesn't in fact he barely opens up to anyone regardless of how much he trusts and loves them. "Yeah, I suppose that is the downside to how stubborn Danny is. He just doesn't want to bother people at all, he will probably apologise a whole lot when he wakes up," George tells me. Danny has done that before, I have a few stories of it.

One of them was just after we had our one year anniversary of dating each other. I had gotten a fright filled phone call in the middle of the night from Danny who had a horrible nightmare and had asked me to come and comfort him. It did take a minute for me to get Danny to tell me what was wrong with him and he was sobbing pretty heavily. I went over to his house, held him in my arms and calmed him down until he fell asleep. I woke up before him the next morning and then decided that I should make him some breakfast when he started waking up. I did that and once breakfast was over he hugged me tightly and apologised like ten times for calling me the night before and asking for help even though I told him it was fine.

I tell this story to George and Matt who are in the room listening to me and both equally concerned about Danny's health and wellbeing. "I definitely see this happening when he wakes up. Maybe not word for word, but he will say sorry a few times," George says. He's right, I can picture Danny waking up in an hour or more and when he feels more awake hugging me and saying sorry a lot of times. Danny does wake up two hours later and it was almost lunch time. "Good sleep baby?" I ask him, and he nods into my shoulder. I kiss his cheek and he kisses me back. I was glad that he had a good sleep though, he'll feel a lot better than he did when he walked in this morning. "I'm gonna get lunch from that noodle place, do you three want some?" George asks, look to all of us.