Running FM x DM

Sequel to Stormy Nights

Funny man p.o.v

I look outside my window to see last night's storm is still raging on. Something tells me that I should still go out on my run this morning. I have no idea why though, it's the worst weather to go running. I'm still going to go anyway so I can see if that gets rid of the feeling that I have. If it doesn't sort it out, then I have no idea what I should be doing. I walked into my bedroom and changed into my running gear but made sure I had my waterproofs. I sent a silent thank you to George for recommending that I buy waterproof running gear as well as regular running gear. It seems to come in handy during times like this. I just have to make sure to steer clear of any trees and find appropriate shelter when I can.

I get a text from George. We are on a tour break and we have a session in the studio later this week. George now lives in Tennessee, so he has to fly out the day before, so it will be grateful for him to know beforehand if we have a studio session this week or not. I have a bit of time to answer him before I go for my run. We haven't really met up outside of work lately. I want to change that but that depends on when the others have free time outside of work and what they feel up to doing. I really need to answer George's text and then go on my run before the storm gets any worse. I sit down on my couch and unlock my phone to read the message George had sent me.

G: Hey Dyl, are we still going to the studio this week?

D: Yep as far as I am aware we are

G: talked to anyone else yet thinking we could have a Disney day or something this week

D: nope, haven't heard from Danny since the day before yesterday though

G: that's odd usually he texts back within five minutes any time of the day

D: yeah, maybe that has something to do with why I am so anxious to do a run today

G: yeah, maybe. Be safe when you go though Dylan. I heard there was a storm out there.

D: I will be careful George. There has been a storm outside since last night and it's not letting up

G: Jeez Dylan, like I said be careful. Keep me updated if you find Danny

D: I will do George.

I decided after talking to George to take an extra waterproof in my bag because if I do find Danny outside then he is going to need it. Maybe I should ask my boyfriend to move in after this. I know Danny still has his fear of storms because he calls me if I am not with him during a thunderstorm and asks for my comfort. He peacefully sleeps through them when I am there, and his fear has slightly improved. Definitely going to ask him to move in after this. Wherever he is, he must be terrified and as his boyfriend I need to find him and comfort him the best I can. I leave the house and after locking the door and start running down the street to find Danny wherever he might be. I'll go to his house first and see if he is there and see where I should go from there.

After a 20-minute run I arrive at Danny's house and knock on his door for a little while to discover that he is not home. I try ringing his mobile and it rings inside his house, but no one answers. Louie was barking though. I don't have Danny's house keys, so I can't unlock his door and look after Louie. I am going to try look down the street and the other streets around here to see where my boyfriend is. I feel terrible for not checking on him sooner. At least I am checking on him now and I can sort out my mistakes. Danny will probably say something to make me feel better and tell me that it wasn't my fault, but I will still feel like it is because I know of his fear and how it affects him, and I could have done something sooner.