Sick Day DM x J3T

Trigger warning for people who are afraid of throwing up

George p.o.v

I received a text from Danny at around three this morning telling me that he might have to cancel our date today because he feels sick. He had been telling me how he has spent most of the night throwing up and feeling horrible. I am deciding that we can have that date another day and I am going to make a little sick day rescue kit for him and come and take care of him, so we still get to spend the couple time with each other that he deserves. I am going to quickly stop at Target to get some soup and Gatorade for Danny and some other little things that I think will cheer him up. I have a spare key, so I can get into his house if I pull up and find that he has fallen asleep finally. He needs the sleep, so I will be as quiet as possible.

I arrive at Danny's house an hour after I left my own apartment. Like I guessed the door was still locked so I unlocked it and quietly made my way inside with my shopping. I quietly put it away and walked up to Danny's room to see where he is. He wasn't in his bed, but I heard a little bark coming from the bathroom and Danny was passed out on the bathroom tiles. He was drenched in sweat and shivering. My poor bear, I am going to grab him some cleaner clothes from his drawers and clean him up a bit before putting him into his bed. It would be a lot comfier than sleeping on the floor and he might appreciate it a little more. "Poor bear," I say, quietly as I get him out of the clothes he was in before and cool him down a bit.

He stayed asleep the entire time and soon he is resting on his bed with a blanket covering him up to his waist. I noticed his house was a little bit of a mess, so I am going to clean it up for him, so he has one less thing to worry about while he is recovering from the sickness. I am going to do any chore that he needs doing over the next few days until he gets over the sick bug that he has. I think it might be a twenty-four or forty-eight-hour stomach bug, but I will only know for sure when Danny wakes up in a little while. Only when he wants to wake up though, I am going to let him get as much rest as his body needs. He has no idea I am here taking care of him, I didn't tell him that I was coming over to look after him.

I just told him that I hoped that he was going to get better soon, and we could arrange a date day for another time. I used a brush instead of the hoover so I could keep the noise level to a minimum for the poor bear sleeping upstairs. Last thing I need is for Danny's rest to be disturbed by the hoover while I can use a good old brush and dustpan. I can even make myself lunch without disturbing Danny which is perfect for me since I forgot to make something to eat before I left the house. I was more focused on coming over to help Danny out then my own needs at that time. He has some sausage and bacon in the fridge, so I use those to make myself some lunch now that I have cleaned Danny's house from top to bottom.

I noticed there was a television in Danny's room and I am going back up the stairs. I can watch that quietly while Danny sleeps next to me so when he wakes up and realises that I am here to look after him. He still has a fever but there is not much more I can do for him other than to stick him in the bath tub all day. I brought the Tylenol with me to see if Danny can keep it down when he wakes up. Well, I guess I can put a cold flannel on Danny's head to cool him down a bit to see if that helps. He has a 102°f fever right now, which I guess is not bad, but it could be better. He has had higher fevers than this before, probably even today when I first got in. I didn't check then, but it might have been 103° or 104° then.

Danny woke up about two hours after I arrived and whimpered in pain. I rub his back and he looked at me. "Hi George, sorry about cancelling the date," he tells me, and I smile at him. His voice was raspy, and he looked very tired. "It's okay Danny. People get sick sometimes and that's unavoidable. I don't mind spending my day here with you and taking care of you instead. We can have our date when you feel better," I tell him. He slowly moves so he can rest his head on my chest. "Did you carry me in here? I remember falling asleep in the bathroom," he asks me a minute later. I let him have a sip of water to see if he could keep it down. "Yeah, I found you in the bathroom and then carried you in here after giving you a bath," I tell him.