Forget What You Are DM x DK

AU – 2011 (some mentions of twilight but shhhh)

Matt p.o.v

"When are we going to make Danny one of us? He has been with us for four years now," Jordon asks George. Danny should be fast asleep upstairs, he wasn't feeling well earlier today, so he went to bed early, so we can talk at 11pm without him hearing. Well, that is what we are hoping for. He tends to be a deep sleeper, unless he is sick. It does make me wonder why we can't wait to ask this another time. "Soon, we are waiting for an opportunity to do it. We are on tour with American Tragedy again soon, so we can't have a new-born vampire then. We will have to have until that tour is over because we have a good break there to turn and train him," Jorel says, closing the matter with that sentence.

I have been dating Danny since 2006 and waited so so patiently to be able to have him as a band member so I could be with him all the time. I really missed him when he was in Lorene Drive off on Warped Tour and other tours. Now he is the lead singer and I love it. I love being able to spend all the time I want with him. I listen out to see if I can hear his heartbeat, we use it to know when he is coming in the room, so we can stop talking about being vampires while he is around. We don't want him to know quite yet, so that makes it best for him not to hear about us draining blood from animals and people. Some of us are "vegetarian" vampires and the rest are "carnivore" I guess. Jorel and I go animal hunting together while the others find a human or two when we have our hunting night.

"Wonder what type he would be and if he gets powers like us," Dylan says, just as I thought we weren't going to mention vampires anymore. "Yeah, he might be one with powers. He will probably be vegetarian like Matt and I," Jorel says. He can manipulate emotions, which has been very useful at times. George can hear people's thoughts, I can compel people to do what I want, Jordon can make people go through the most intense pain, but it's only imaginary. Dylan can make people hallucinate anything that he want's them to. I have no idea what Danny would be, but I think it will be interesting to find out when that day comes.

"If he doesn't have powers though, it makes no never mind. We are very lucky to have powers ourselves. It's a rare occurrence, the Cullen's have five but as far as I know that's it," George explains. I am hoping Danny gets cool powers that reflect his personality. Then George looks to me, then looks to the ceiling. "They are mostly mumbled messy thoughts but Dan's awake," George says, which is where we have to end the vampire talk whether we like it or not. Danny might not be fully awake and aware of what's going on around him, but we can't take that chance with him finding out too soon. The stairs are a little squeaky, but Danny has light footsteps, so the stairs don't always squeak when he walks down them.

I could hear his heartbeat moments before he entered the living room. His brown hair is sticking up in a couple of directions and he's quite pale. "Come here Danny baby," I tell him, and he shuffles over and sits on my lap. Poor buddy doesn't feel good. I could tell he has a fever by how warm his skin was against mine and he was seeking the coolness of mine. "I feel like shit," Danny tells me, and I let him rest his head on my shoulder. "I know buddy, I hope you can get some good rest, so you can get better," I tell him. George gets up and walks over to where the kitchen is. I rubbed Danny's back and let him just try and relax a little. I think he went to the bathroom before he walked down the stairs.

"I think I'm gonna have a kinda cool shower before I go to bed. I feel all clammy and gross," Danny tells me. I figured as much when he sat on my lap. "Fair enough Danny, take some Tylenol first and have a little snack before that," George tells Danny. He brought two pills of Tylenol and a glass of orange juice and a pack of cookies. Danny takes the pills and follows it with the juice before he starts eating the cookies. Now its just relax time for my little bear before he goes to bed. I know he is going to ask me to lay down with him and I am happy to do so. It's nearly our "bedtime" so it's a perfect opportunity to keep up the game of pretend we play around Danny. When he becomes one of us then the game of pretend will be over.