University Sweethearts DM x FM

Note – this is in a different universe to the roommates one shot I have already done

2005

Dylan's point of view

"Jorel you can't keep crashing in Dylan's dorm just because he doesn't have a roommate for now," George tells us as Jorel hangs of the other bed. It was true I have been in this dorm for about two months now and since I have not got a roommate and I am the only one in our friendship group who doesn't Jorel sees it fit to keep crashing here even though he doesn't go to university and he has never even been to high school. "They haven't caught me yet," Jorel replies. Matt drags Jorel off the bed and he lands with a heavy thump on the floor. "They will do if you keep being stupid," Jordon tells him. Aron is being silent as usual; he doesn't really care unless the drama involves him in some capacity.

Since not a lot of the drama that has happened recently evolved around Aron he tends to stay quiet. At least he has not tried to start some shit himself recently which is something that has been welcomed as of late. "What if Dylan does get a roommate. What will you do then?" Matt asks, making a fair point. I told the people who organise the whole roommate situation that I was open to having a roommate at any point in the semester. "I haven't thought that far ahead," Jorel admits, looking down. I shake my head and throw my pillow at him. He knows I could get a roommate at any time; he just doesn't want to deal with it yet. "You better start thinking soon then Jay. Dylan could get a roommate at any time," George tells him, and he groans.

I laugh as Jorel whines that we are like schoolteachers. Poor Jorel, he gets so many people making fun of him for not going to high school. "Don't worry your little head. It's not like I am gonna get one in the next week or two. Semester only began like five weeks ago, no one will have fallen out with each other or requested to move yet," I tell him. I am making huge assumptions here because I have no idea how the whole system works or anything. Someone could be going through the process now and I would get matched with someone and not even know until they double check to confirm I am still wanting a roommate and stuff like that. Besides I am sure that whoever my new roommate would be would welcome my friends in if they became friends with them.

"Anyway, we should think about that more when Dylan knows more. Let's just enjoy now," Jordon says, he hates it when George brings up the whole roommate thing because he likes bunking off his own lessons with Jorel and he can only do it if Jorel has spent the night in my dorm. George is the only one in the group who is sensible enough to see what would go wrong if they were to be caught. This is not high school anymore. Money is going to waste if Jordon decides to get stupid enough and get caught bunking off and get kicked from his course. I send a quick message to George who sighed at Jordon yet again. Jordon can be even more annoying as me at times. I smiled and George when he read my message.

I walk over and sit next to George. "No worries George, Jordon and Jorel will realise where they are going wrong eventually," I whisper to him. It wasn't what I sent him in the message. I don't want to repeat myself too many times. "Yeah, I just want it to be before either of them get into trouble," George whispers back. He will save us one day. One of us will do something incredibly stupid and he will need to do something to save us. "I get it George I really do. I know that they are playing a very dangerous game with the bunking off. They'll realise it too eventually," I whisper. Matt gives us both a thumbs up from where he was laying. He knows what we are talking about, but we are trying to not to irritate Jordon who was clearly already done.

~ 3 weeks later~

"I told you this was gonna happen," George says. I had just read out to the entire group that I was getting a roommate from two days from now. His name is Danny Murillo and he's almost 20 like Jordon. This was going to happen eventually; it was only a matter of when. I don't know much about the reasoning behind it other than it was in the news yesterday that there was a huge fight between him and someone else. He's received some hospital treatment as far as I know, but anything else is on a need to know basis and Danny will tell me when he is ready. I'm going to be super nice and just let him get on with his thing when he arrives. He'll be stressed out from what is going on with the fight.