I'm bent, I'm not broken DM x DK

I can't breathe, there is no way out I've been surrounded and I don't like it at all. The tightness in my chest only gets worse as I start panicking. I just wanted all this pain to end. Oh how I wished I was dreaming right now. Although if I was dreaming right now then it would definitely be a nightmare. I want to escape this nightmare and wake up at home, the sharp pain in my ribs tells me I am not dreaming. Now I need to remember how I ended up in this mess in the first place, it won't be too difficult and it will block out the abusive language the thugs have been using with me.

They came from nowhere, instantly cornering me at the dead end of the alleyway and started unleashing their fury. They showed no mercy as they attacked me with everything they had. They also carved my mask design into my face so they knew who I was. They knew my name and what band I was in and what my mask looks like at the moment. It made me wonder if this was actually a planned attack or not, they could have been sent by someone but these kinds of attacks happen anyway around here.

I hear them run away once they were satisfied that they had beaten me up enough and their rage had gone. They're leaving me in the alley so I could bleed to death or pass out and then die from injuries later. I need to go home so I don't wake up in a hospital bed. I hate hospitals with a passion like most of the band. If they find me I could end up in hospital anyway because they'll be worried about me due to the state I'm in. I wouldn't be too happy about it and they know that. I know I have to make it to a place where people could see me. I could get one of the guys to come and help.

I manage to painfully pull myself up to very unsteady feet so I decide to lean onto the wall for support. I limp to the edge of the alley and find myself back at the row of shops I was dragged from. I stop for a moment because any form of movement hurt a lot. People stare at me when I stop, but they make no move to help me. No one really does in situations like these because they get afraid of being shot or hurt themselves. I make it as far as the first shop before I have to stop and sink down to the ground. I really couldn't move any further.

The guys would find me here for sure. This was the shop I said I was going to go to when I said I was getting supplies for the movie night at my place. Thinking about it a little more I probably should have gone to Target or Walmart but my budget was a bit limited and the stuff is so much cheaper here. They probably have cancelled the movie night now since I should have been back roughly an hour ago. They will be worrying about me by now. I would go into the shop and get the stuff we need so they could do it while I slept in the same room or something but I am still in so much pain.

If they needed anything and they wanted to carry on with the movie night then they'd probably go to Walmart and buy it themselves. They'd understand that I am aching all over once they see the horrible state I've ended up in. People would walk past me and stop for a moment, maybe they recognised who I am or maybe they just think I am another homeless guy who was attacked, I mean my clothes are all ripped and covered in dirt and my skin was covered in dirt as well as blood. They might still be stopping and staring but I stopped paying attention to the busyness of the street around me a little while ago.

That's probably why I didn't notice Jordon had come looking for me and he had gotten so close to me until I felt his warm hand gently stroke my cheek. I flinched a little but once I saw him I calmed down. "Hey, what happened dude?" he asks, sounding very concerned. I looked at the ground then back at him, wondering how angry he'd get once I told him what happened. "I got attacked and they ran away," I tell him, my body now shaking from exhaustion as well as the pain. He gasped and then decided I needed the gentlest hug possible.

"I want to go home," I tell him, I had gone quiet. The people around us unnerved me a lot but Jordon gave me a smile. "Sure thing, I'll carry you home buddy," he replies and then carefully picks me up to start walking the short walk back to my house. The others were going to be there by now if there wasn't a search party. I was being carried bridal style but I wanted to focus more on being home and not passing out than the amount of people staring at me. I was a bit unrecognisable with and I rest my head on his shoulder for the entire walk home and I manage not to pass out.