War Child DM x JD

Post-Apocalyptic AU (band doesn't exist, and they don't all know each other)

Jorel p.o.v

I cover my boyfriend with a blanket as he shivers. It's too dangerous for me to light a fire to keep him warm, there are too many zombies around. I can't do anything else to warm him up though which makes me so angry. I don't like seeing him suffering when I know there is something that I could do to help him. I need to find a decent shelter tomorrow night if the weather is going to stay like this and it is going to be this wintery. Tomorrow when we go exploring I am looking for an abandoned house with not many zombies around and I am keeping my baby warm tomorrow night. I snuggle up with Danny hoping my body heat will keep him warm while I keep watch tonight. I don't feel like waking him up to suffer through the cold.

There is someone watching us in the distance and I reach for my baseball bat. I don't want Danny to get hurt or taken by this creep. I kiss the top of Danny's head, not caring about the stranger watching then I stand up with the baseball bat raised and ready to hit. "Woah, I am not gonna hurt you. I just want some company is all. It gets very lonely being out here on your own," The stranger says, revealing himself to be someone familiar to me. I relax a little bit, he does seem familiar to me, but I need to know more before I trust him. "Who are you?" I ask, just to double check. If I know him and he is who I think he is then I feel confident in letting him join me. I would have to ask Danny when he wakes up as well, he has much of a right to make these decisions as I do.

"I'm George Ragan, I think we met a while ago," he tells me. It clicks something in my head and out of the corner of my eye I see Danny waking up. He looks at me, gets up and walks over and looks at George. Danny does not trust a lot of people, so I wrap my arm around him and rub his arm. "Yeah I think so. I'm Jorel Decker and the little sleepy one is Danny Murillo," I tell him. Danny gives me a what the fuck look. I guess Danny didn't hear the name, so he doesn't realise that I already know the man in front of us. "Hey Danny, I'm George. I've known Jorel for a while now," he tells us. We talk some more before Danny reluctantly allows George to join us.

"I took down some of the zombies nearby, so we should be safe to light a fire now," George says, and Danny looks up at me. He is still pretty cold, and he was shivering against me. Someone stole his blanket and we found the burned remains of it later. "That would be good, I am pretty cold," Danny says, and I pull Danny closer towards me to keep him as warm as I can. I was not paying as much attention, there are no zombies in sight currently, so it is perfectly safe for us to finally light a fire and then Danny can feel warm while he sleeps. He barely slept so far, only about two hours according to the watch that I was looking at when he fell asleep and then now. George lights the fire and I let Danny lay down next to it.

"We appreciate you being here George, it does get a little lonely being without many other people," Danny says, sleepily as the warmth of the fire was making him doze off quickly. I cover him with my blanket and George looks around for a second one for me. "We lost one of our blankets and Danny suffers from the cold more, so I always give him mine," I explain, and George goes into his backpack and brings out two blankets. He wraps one around my shoulders and keeps the second for himself. "That can be his now. The winters have always been harsh since this whole apocalypse started," George says, I look over at Danny to see him fast asleep in front of the fire. Bless his cute little heart, he's so adorable I can't handle it.

"Thanks George, I've been desperately looking for one for him since his other one was stolen. We have not managed to find a lot of supplies left," I tell him. Maybe now we have the older man on the team then we could have a better chance of finding some decent supplies. "Yeah, tomorrow we could go as a trio and move into the town a little bit. I know some places to get supplies but there is a group of two guys that always go in and get the good stuff first," George says, it's probably the same guys who stole our blanket and set fire to it. "What would you do if you saw them?" I ask, just out of curiosity and I did go a bit aggressive when I first saw him tonight, I nearly hit him hard with the bat if he didn't say who he was.