22. Amour, Amour

"The week before the... hum... incident, I received a few text messages saying you were cheating on me and that." She says and I stare at her wide eyed. 

What? 

"That's why I didn't believe you in the first place. It kind of fitted together, you know?" She confesses. 

Guilt, insecurity and hope are what I see in her eyes.

"What? How?" I ask, anger boiling inside. 

Who would send that to Cristina? What would they win with it. It's not even fucking true! 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I question, trying my best to not let the anger I'm feeling come out with the words.

"I don't know. I didn't really pay much attention to it at the time." She shrugs.

"You didn't?" I ask, surprised.

"No. I've told you I trust you. And we were spending almost every time together, it's not like you had that many time to be with someone else." She explains with a smile, looking me in the eyes.

"Why didn't you believe in me when I tried to explain then?" I question her while holding her hand and intertwining our fingers together. 

"Well, I think the fact that Angie was the girl in the picture made me insecure. I'm not one hundred percent comfortable or at ease when it comes to you and her." She confesses, looking down.

"You know she doesn't mean not even as five percent to me as you." I interrupt her, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I know. You've told me before. But, I don't know. She always gets to me. And then, when I saw the picture I kind of started doubting everything you've ever said to me. The times you were with the boys you could easily have lied to me and be with her instead." She shrugs with a apologetic look.

"That's not true!" I rush to tell her.

"I know, I know." She assures me, lifting her hand to caress my cheek.

"Do you believe me now?" I hopefully question.

"I'm here talking to you aren't I?" She slightly chuckles.

"So I can say you're still mine?" I grin.

"I never stopped being."  She smiles. 

She leans in, kisses me briefly and lays her head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her and lay back, bringing her down with me so we where cuddling. We stay in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence, until she talks again.

 "Why didn't you give up?" Cristina asks, looking up at me.

******* Cristina's POV *******

"Well, Samanta stayed, so I had to see her everyday and she made sure to talk about you every time she had the chance, to torment me. I couldn't exactly manage to push you out of my mind and when I was at home alone, far away from her, I would always find something of yours hiding in the corner." He explains with a kiss on my forehead and I giggle.

"Yeah I'm a bit messy." I admit.

"A little?" He playfully asks, with one eyebrow up and a smirk on his lips. 

I punch his arm.

"And well, you kind of took my favorite shirt with you." He smirks. 

I shyly smile and kiss him on the corner of his mouth, as if asking for forgiveness. He shows a dimpled smile that I love. 

"I thought that if you took one of my shirts, you couldn't possibly hate me that much, there was still hope."

"I never hated you. I was just disappointed." I confess, looking him in the eyes.