57. Unbearable Pain

****** Samanta's POV ******

My day at the clinic has been a lot longer than what I expected it to be when I first woke up. Yesterday I decided that I would go earlier to the clinic so that I could talk to Cristina first thing in the morning and scold her for leaving us all worried about her, but instead, I ended up filling in for her.

When her clients started to show up and she was still nowhere to be found, I started treating some of them myself and assigned the rest of them to other physiotherapist. It's my duty after all. It's part of my job to take over the clinic when she's not around.

"Isn't Cristina here today?" 

"No, she had to take care of a few things and I'm replacing her for the day." I smile at Mrs. Robinson.

She's my last patient today and I have never been this happy for my work to end, before. I don't know how Cristina does it, she works way too much. I'm so tired that I can fall asleep at any moment. Luckily we managed to distribute her patients to all the employees instead of rescheduling and everything worked out in the end.

"Something bad happened?" The lady asks, looking me in the eyes.

"I hope not." I sigh.

"Can I ask you something?" She asks after a few moments of silence between us.

"Sure." I send her a small smile.

"I know this will sound weird and maybe inappropriate, but Cristina is like a daughter to me and I've been having this pang in my chest every time I think about her, so can you tell her to call me whenever she can?" The lady asks me and I stay quiet for a while.

What am I suppose to answer to this? That I haven't see Cristina in two days and that I fear that she might have been kidnapped by some crazy ass person? I can't say that! Well, I could, but I'm afraid that if I say it out loud it will become true.

"Yes, don't worry. I'll tell her, but she'll probably only be able to call you tomorrow or so." I answer, leaving out the most important detail.

"Thank you." She smiles at me, a smile that despite the fact that I don't know her for long, I can tell it didn't reach her eyes.

-----

I'm currently at Louis' house. After checking if everything was alright and locking the clinic, I called the boys and we agreed on meeting up here so we could decide what to do about Cristina's situation.

"Let's call the police, she's been missing for the past twenty four hours. She would never be that long without giving news." I tell them, eyeing each of them. 

They all nod in agreement.

"We should have done that yesterday!" Harry sourly comments. 

He's leaned on the couch his arms crossed on his chest and his right knee is going crazy, jumping up and down, a clear sign that he's nervous.

"I was sure she would appear today." I say, looking down, somewhat ashamed that I may be at fault if something happens to her.

"And I was sure about my bad feeling." He retorts, not looking at me.

"Ok, Harry! I'm sorry. You were right. Now, can we call the police or do you want to go on with your sourness and accusations?" I spat.

He just rolls his eyes at me and I dial the police number, I put it on speaker and we report what's happening. The lady that answered says that we need to go to the police station and bring a picture of her with us, so they can start the investigation and we do as instructed.