38. Figuring Out

****** Louis' POV ******

"You think, man? That sounds so conspiratorial." Zayn says, furrowing his eyebrows. 

He's clearly considering what I just told him.

"Think about it, man. Think about the Cristina we know." I say and he nods for me to continue the reasoning. 

"And then compare it to everything that happened." He nods again, showing me that he's following my line of thought.

"It doesn't fit." He concludes.

------

I'm meeting up with Cristina at a coffee shop. It was a hell of a problem to get her to agree with it though. She keeps insisting that she can't be seen with me in public and I keep getting more and more suspicious. I argued with her a few days ago and I feel like I need to apologize, but I don't regret it fully. I got a reaction from her, which is good and it was kind of what I wanted.

I get to the small meeting place and look around, trying to find her. When I don't, I walk further inside and sit myself on the most discreet table and away from the door, hoping to go unnoticed. The employee comes to my table and asks me what I want, once she has my order she walks away to get it.

This is why I chose this place, it's really peaceful and is mostly frequented by older people, meaning there's a really low chance of me getting recognized.

Five minutes later Cristina walks inside the coffee shop. She's wearing tight, black jeans, a hoodie that's slightly familiar to me and a beanie, I suppose to lower the chances of people know it's her if we actually end up being spotted. She overthinks things way too much.

When she spots me she sends me a smile and starts walking to me. It leaves me more at ease to know that she's not angry or resentful with me for fighting with her. 

"Hello, Chubby." She greets while sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"What's up, Cakes?" I say back.

"The sky." She grins at her own lame joke.

"That's so old." I tell her, chuckling.

"No, it's vintage." She chuckles while adjusting her beanie on her head and taking a seat in front of me.

The employee approaches us again to bring my drink and asks her what she wants. Cristina does her order and the lady leaves again.

"So, how's the clinic?" I ask her.

"So far so good." 

"Are you going to tell me where it is?"

"Yes, whenever you need treatment." She smirks. 

She insists on not telling me where her clinic is.

"I think I sprained my arm yesterday while playing football." I say while lifting my arm and moving it around, faking a pained face. She laughs, not buying my lie. I knew she wouldn't, but it's worth the try.

"Just keep moving it like that and it shall be fine." She grins. 

The employee comes back to the table again to leave Cristina's order and walks away again, leaving us to continue our talk in private. 

******* Cristina's POV *******

"Are you a virgin?" Louis suddenly asks, making me choke on my drink. 

"What!?" I ask, in between coughs.

"You heard me. Are you?" He pushes the question, unbothered by my reaction.