Isaac- Playlist for Paradise

"Hey, Isaac," you said, sitting down in the chair next to the bed and taking his hand. "I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in so long; I've been so busy, but I couldn't sleep last night, so I made you something. It's a playlist. You always just listen to albums, so I figured I'd take all your favorite songs and put them together for you, and don't worry. I know what you like. I know you have a terrible taste in music."

You pressed play, and the first song started playing.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I can do the talking. I know you're probably mad. It was all my fault, right? I know music won't make up for it, but it seemed kind of romantic. Cheesy? Shut up. I know that's what you're thinking."

Isaac remained silent, and you continued stroking his hand. "I'm really sorry about all this, Isaac. Everything that's going on with you right now- it's all my fault. Don't even try to say it isn't. I guess I've been such a bad girlfriend because you seem so tight with Allison. You're just friends, right? You're just friends."

You stopped talking for a second, knowing he wasn't going to respond. You hoped he liked the playlist, though, because you sure hated his music.

"We're going to get through this, Isaac. We're going to get through this together. You don't even have to deal with me if you don't want to. I deserve to be ignored for what I did to you. I hurt you. But you have more than just me. Scott, Derek, Allison- they would die for you in a heartbeat. They won't leave you, and neither will I. I won't hurt you again. I promise. I love you too much. We all love you, Isaac. That's what's going to get us through all this. We're going to kick some Nogitsune ass together. As long as we have each other, nothing could go wrong."

Isaac's music choice wasn't actually that bad. You had hoped he might react to it in some way, but he just remained still in his bed.

"I hate you," you told him. "I've told you I'm sorry. I've apologized, and I've put all this blame on myself, but it's not all on me, is it? First, you go and flirt with Allison, and now you're punishing me. You just stay in bed all day, doing nothing, while I'm all alone. I'm here for you. I've always been here for you. And you just go around hurting people- hurting me, hurting yourself. I know everything pretty much sucks for you. I know you lost your dad. I know you hated your dad. I know Derek kicked you out. I know Erica died. I know Boyd died. But we've gotten through this because we're all together. Everyone is doing their best to be here for you, and you just... you don't move. You don't do anything. You put up all these walls and then you let us break them down, and then you run off and do something stupid. You hurt the people who care about you."

Another song started playing- Isaac's favorite. He didn't even react to it. He was so silent.

"I'm sorry," you said. "It's not your fault. And I guess it's not mine, either. It's nobody's fault. We're all just a little stressed out, Isaac. We care about you. We want you to get through this. We're worried. I'm worried. But at the same time, you're safer when you're not with us. With me. I guess that qualifies as a silver lining."

You stared at him. You knew he wasn't going to say anything, but you still held onto the last bit of hope that you had. One day he would talk to you again.

"I'm really sorry, Isaac. I can't stress that enough. I can't live with this guilt. I'm sorry for fighting you when Derek and Scott were in different packs. I'm sorry for falling in love with you. I'm sorry for telling you while we were in the middle of fighting Ethan and Aiden- that didn't go very well. I'm sorry for almost walking into the water. I'm sorry you saved me. I'm sorry you got electrocuted. I'm sorry for everything that happened because you met me."

You took your hand out of Isaac's, and used it to wipe away a tear. You stood up, and turned the music off mid-song.

"Sorry. The nurse said I wasn't aloud to leave it on, but I promise I'll come back and visit, and I'll play it all the way through. Maybe you'll wake up next time."