Derek - Best Beta

"You're Derek's beta," you said angrily, sinking your fist into the punching bag. "You do whatever he says." You punched it again. "He controls you." Again. "You stay behind while Isaac, Boyd and Erica fight the kanima." You delivered your hard last punch to the bag before turning away to get a drink.

"You don't do whatever he says," Derek appeared in the doorway to his loft. "He told you to make coffee."

You gave him an annoyed look as Boyd and Erica entered, holding up a semi-conscious Isaac between them.

"What happened?" You asked.

"He was thrown from a window," Erica said as she and Boyd plopped Isaac down on the couch.

"That's why we're late," Boyd explained. "What time is it anyway?"

"Almost midnight," you glared at Derek.

"Shit," Erica said. "My mom said to be back by 11:30."

"I gotta get going too," Boyd said.

"See you tomorrow," Erica grabbed Boyd's hand and left.

You listened to the door shut as they left. Derek threw a blanket over Isaac, who remained only half aware of what was going on around him.

"Everything is spinning," Isaac mumbled.

"Is he concussed?" You asked. "You concussed him!"

"I concussed him?" Derek smirked.

"He probably wouldn't have gotten hurt if you had backup. And Boyd and Erica would have gotten home to their families a lot sooner," you told the Alpha angrily.

"Scott was supposed to be there," Derek sat in a simple wooden chair. "Something came up."

"I get it," you said. "Scott's perfect. You wish he were there."

Derek didn't say anything. He just sat there, looking you straight in the eyes until it made you feel bare.

"I couldn't risk it," he said calmly.

"You couldn't risk what?"

"Scott is perfect," Isaac mumbled.

"You couldn't risk what, Derek?" You raised your voice.

"I couldn't risk you getting hurt."

You blinked. Stared. Thought. Derek -who turned you into a werewolf- couldn't risk you getting hurt. Derek -who treated you like dirt- cared about you more than he did his other betas.
Derek sat as still as stone, waiting for an answer. "[Y/N]?" He asked.

"[Y/N]?" Isaac, who was definitely concussed, echoed groggily.

"I'm thinking," you said.

"Want to share your thoughts?" Derek raised his eyebrows.

"You're super hot," you began.

"Okay," Derek said cautiously.

"Super, super hot," Isaac grumbled.

"That was a bad place to start," you began pacing the floor. "I'm trying to say that I'm extremely attracted to you. And I've thought about jumping you and making out so many times."

Derek stood up. "I get the point."

"Yeah," you smile. "I just never thought you actually liked me. I thought you always left me behind because you thought I would get in the way."

Derek walked towards you at a quick pace, clearly ready to shut you up.

"Wait," you put your hand on his chest. "Promise me. Promise me you won't leave me behind anymore."

"If you really want to come, I'll let you."

You slid your hand from his chest to his back and allowed him to initiate the kiss. He roughly pressed his lips to yours, snaking his arms around your waist.

Neither of you pulled back until Isaac interrupted. "I want cereal," he said and rolled off the couch.

Derek sighed, but with a smile plastered on his face.

You helped Derek moved Isaac back onto the couch, and walked with him to the bedroom. You changed into one of his shirts and wrapped yourself under the covers. Derek moved in so close that your bodies merged as one, and you feel asleep in his arms.