Isaac- To Come Back Now

Author's Note: Feel free to message me to request, as I might not see comments.
QOTD: Who is your favorite Teen Wolf parent?
AOTD: Sheriff Stilinkski

It took six months. Six months of tears and heartache to get over Isaac Lahey. You weren't okay in the beginning. He broke up with you. Not the other way around. And then he started dating Allison. And then Allison died and Isaac just sort of disappeared from everyone's life.

But you had moved on. Well, you hadn't started seeing other people, but you had stopped caring. You hardly even thought about it now.

So naturally, when you were sitting around at home one night, just chilling out and watching TV, you were a little angry when you heard a knock on the door, and opened it to find the boy you had tried so hard to get over.

"Isaac," you croaked.

"Hey," he smiled sadly.

You stepped outside and hugged him, partly because you didn't know what to say, but also because you missed the feeling of being in his arms. Sometimes during the night, you would wrap your arms around yourself to fall asleep.

"This is a surprise," you said.

"Sorry, I was scared to call."

"Do you wanna come in?"

"Sure," he stuffed his pants into his jacket pockets. He waited a few seconds before coming past the doorway. He seemed uncomfortable as you led him into the living room to sit on the couch.

"When did you get back?"

"I just got off my flight an hour ago."

"Where are you staying?"

"I'm thinking I'm going to stay with Scott. I didn't tell anyone except Chris I was coming back, though. I had to force myself to get on the plane."

"So you haven't been to Scott's? You came straight here?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Nothing. I just missed your voice."

You smiled with your lips sewn shut. You didn't know what he wanted. You didn't even know what you wanted. You had just gotten over him.

"A lot has changed," you finally said.

"Yeah, Scott's been e-mailing me. I heard Derek's gone." He seemed sad.

"He'll be back. One day."

"Yeah," he said, not believing it. "I also heard that Scott's got a wild beta."

"Liam."

"Do you like him?"

"He's okay."

"And Kira and Scott are still a thing. I'm glad he found someone after..."

"Yeah."

Isaac stared a hole into the ground, tapping his foot anxiously.

"What about you?" You asked, clearing your throat.

"It's just been me and Chris. And then just me when he left. You?"

"I've been pretty alone, too."

"I guess... I guess I kind of did want to talk to you about something," he told you, twiddling his thumbs. "I wanted to say sorry for dumping you, and then leaving without saying goodbye."

"Isaac, you don't need to apologize. I understand why you needed to leave. It wasn't your fault."

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, you know."

"I know."

"I think I'm going to stay in Beacon Hills for a while, so we could go grab a bite sometime if you want. We could talk things over."

You wanted to kiss him, but you didn't. You didn't want him to move on from Allison too soon. You didn't want to feel like you had to be his Allison.

"I'd like that."

"Great," he said. "Well, I better go to Scott's and see if I have a place to stay."

"Alright," you said, walking him to the door. "See you later."

"Bye," he mumbled, leaving you again.

You sighed and shut the door as quietly as possible, thinking that if you shut it too loud, he might look back, and you wouldn't be able to control yourself. You sank down onto the ground, leaning against the door. You waited until you were sure he was gone, rested your head on the ground, and started sobbing.