4

"We've come a long way from where we began, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again."

               -See You Again, Wiz Kalifa Ft. Charlie Puth

I don't know how long I've been here, hours days years, I don't freaking know. I spend most of my time sleeping in a freezer, I don't know how to keep track of time.

Steve hasn't been back yet. He left the ring though. It's completely out of my reach, sitting there... Torturing the hell out of me. I think my head might explode.

I haven't looked anywhere else. Afraid if my eyes leave it for even a second it could disappear.

I hear the loud click of the door and it slowly swings open. I expected to see Steve, but the person standing in front of me is the last person I ever expected to see.

"Remember me?" He asks. I'm shocked at him, my eyebrows pulled tightly together.

I killed you.

"You gave it your best shot." He scoffs. His eye flicks to the ring on the ground and back to me.

He bends down and plucks it from the ground, I thrash against the restraints, pulling as hard as I possibly can.

"I suppose I'm a bit of a hoarder. Keeping things like this, but I don't dispose of anything." He says the last part looking at me.

I feel myself shaking with rage. I want to kill him, not because he was my mission, because he has that. My ring. I'm not even sure why I care so much about it, but it's mine.

"You knew didn't you." He asks.

"Know what?" I say somewhat annoyed.

"You know what." I do. "You're a telepath. Whatever I know.. You know."

"Yeah, I knew." I finally admit. I would've told him to go to hell, but he has my ring.

"Why didn't you fight it." He pushes.

"Didn't care. I had nothing... Why fight for nothing."

"There's always something to fight for. You've just forgotten what that was." He stands back up. "You didn't have a choice with Hydra."

He comes closer, just a foot from my face and I freeze. He takes the chain in his hands and lets it slide over my head and around my neck.

I'm at a loss for words. Why would he just give it back? What games are they playing?

"You have a choice now." He back up and retreats to the door. He's almost out the door and I stop him.

Thank you for the ring.

He stops and turns around. "Why?" He asks with a small amount of sass. "It's yours."

He continues to walk away, but when he's gone the door doesn't shut. Instead, Steve waltzes back in.

You hear all that?

"Yeah." He sighs and sits down in front of me, same as yesterday. "So you knew what they were doing to you... The whole time?"

Yeah.

"You remember the ring, that means you have to remember other things too. What do you remember about me?" He asks desperately.

I think back to all the flashes, most of them were of Winter, but there were a few with Steve.

"You used to be shorter." I all I say. He laughs and smiles a little.