53

"No lies and no deceiving, that is what he loves."

               - I'm So Sorry, Imagine Dragons

The irritating cuffs around my wrists were my main focus. I kept angrily fiddling with them and twisting them. They were made from strong metal, definitely not vibranium. Steve could break them if he wanted to.

IF.

His own stubbornness irritated me beyond words. I wanted to tell him I wasn't just protecting Bucky. I wanted to tell him everything about Sarah and James. But this wasn't the place for that. There are too many prying ears.

Sam had joined us at some point, but remained silent sitting next to me. While Steve was busy pacing up and down the room.

Sharon came strutting in, dropping a slip of paper in front of Sam. "The receipt for your gear."

"Bird costume? Come on...." He scoffs reading the receipt.

"I didn't write it." Is all she says. She takes a seat, leaving one in between her and Sam, with me still opposite of him. Her eyes are fixated on Steve, who is staring at the security footage of Bucky in the other room.

He looked so scared. So trapped and defeated. I tried to think about something else. Anything else. The only thing I can do right now is fidget with these cuffs.

I hear a button click, and one screen inside the office illuminates with the footage of Bucky. This time we're being enlightened with the audio. Steve glanced back at Sharon, who had her hand on a small remote, then back to the screen.

"I'm not here to judge you." A voice said. I recognized that voice, that was the weird guy who interviewed me. "I just want to ask you a few questions."

"Do you know where you are James?" Bucky didn't even move. He kept his head down and his mouth sewn shut. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." He whispered barely lifting his head.

Most of the questions from then on seemed routine for a therapist I guess. Steve eventually moved closer to the table, and started looking through some of the files. One of them containing a picture of Bucky supposedly bombing the UN.

"Why would the task force even release this photo to begin with?" Steve questioned.

"Get the word out," Sharon shrugged. Involve as many eyes as we can?"

"Right." Steve nodded. "It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?" Sharon says.

"Doesn't surprise me." I said.

"Did you read him mind back on the highway? Did he do it?" Sam asked.

"No, I didn't." I replied.

"Why not?"

"Because we were being chased by an emo Hello Kitty." I said annoyed.

"If he was framed, it doesn't guarantee that whoever did it would catch him, it guarantees that we would." Sharon said.

I focused back on Bucky who had still remained quiet for the most part.

"Tell me Bucky, you've seen a great deal." The man asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Bucky said finally looking up at him.

"You feel that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop? Don't worry. We only have to talk about one."

After a moment my eyes widened. Oh my god. It's him.