63

"We don't have to make friends."
               - We Don't Have To Dance, Andy Black

"Get up!"

"No..." I muttered sullenly into my pillow.

"Come on, you're gonna make me late!"

"Screw off, James!"

"Hey, watch your language!" Our Uncle said as he walked by my room. He was about to enter the kitchen, but instead backed up into my room. He stalked right up to me, and yanked my pillow from under my head, tossing it across the room. "And get up!"

"I don't see why we have to go, you've can just keep teaching us here." I whined, sitting up in my bed.

"I've taught you two everything I know, but you still need school." He said pointing at the two of us.

"What if we get our powers? We wouldn't wanna expose ourselves." I said prudently.

"Your mother had her powers since birth, if you didn't get them by now, you probably never will. You're going." He insisted.

"I bet our mom wouldn't have made us go..." I muttered, mildly irritated.

"Your mom would've locked you in a basement to keep you away from other human beings. You're stuck with me, so you're going to school. You're gonna socialize, make friends, and have a normal life. No debate."

Steve walked back down the hall and James continued to lean against the doorway. He was already to walk out the door, dressed, combed hair with his back pack slung against his shoulder. If he wasn't my twin, I'd probably hate him.

"Don't frown sis, it causes early wrinkles." He mocks me.

I grimaced and threw my other pillow at him. He laughed once again before skipping after Steve.

He can make me go, but I'm not making friends.

+

I know I know, it's really fucking short, but this is just a little intro. At this time it's been about 2-3 years since Civil War, and the twins are about 16. Steve's been taking care of them since Civil War, so they've bonded really nicely with him.

Thor was AMAZING! I was laughing for thirty minutes (pun intended 😏) but now I have everything I need to know for Infinity War. I've finished pre-writing and there's just over thirty chapters left. I feel so weird thinking about it, I've been writing this for so long, I don't know what I'll do what I'm done 😭

Also I noticed we reached 100k reads! That's so fricken amazing, you guys are the best ❤️