80

"All these voices in my head get loud, I wish that I could shut them out, I'm sorry that I let you down...."

               - Let You Down, NF

After I left Pietro, I returned to the Sanctuary with the time stone. I didn't want to hand it over but they knew that I had it. I teleported onto the ship and made my way towards his court.

I walked through the corridors and eventually came to the grand but dark staircase. I started walked up the steps then stopped for a moment. I could sense familiar minds close, hiding beneath the stairs, then clenched my jaw realizing who they were.

What the hell are you doing here, Steve? I thought to him angrily.

Strange teleported us here, I knew I shouldn't have brought them but I couldn't stop it.

I continued walking up the steps, pretending that I hadn't sensed their minds.

Leave, now! If they find you you won't be leaving in one piece, Steve!

I disconnected our minds and continued up the stairs. I got to the top and shoved the doors open. Proxima and Thanos were present, but Dimitri wasn't.

"Where have you been?" Proxima demanded with much anger.

"I teleported out of that place as soon as I got the stone, but I was too wounded to teleport back immediately." I said taking a few steps forward.

"Too wounded? That's your excuse?" Proxima said unconvinced.

"Stark nearly blasted my shoulder off, if you forgot." I replied.

"Where is the stone, now?" Thanos asked.

"Right here." I said holding up my pouch. I tossed it across the room to him and he caught it with ease. He emptied the pouch and the green shining stone fell onto his palm.

Proxima looked absolutely pissed. "This doesn't discard the fact you abandoned us in battle! Corvus is dead because of you!"

"I wasn't even here, like I said, I was wounded and I choose to protect the stone. As far as I'm concerned, this is your fault-"

"I will have justice!" Proxima yelled. "They killed Corvus!"

I gazed around the room, extremely disinterested. "If he had been guarding the prisoners, like he was supposed to, maybe he'd still be alive." I said picking at my nails.

"Corvus is dead because of you!" Proxima roared. "You disappeared for days, and failed to see that Heimdall possessed the power of the Soul stone in his veins!"

"I was weak, and unable to teleport! Corvus died for the Black Order!" I barked. "His death was necessary for the greater good!"

"I haven't trusted you since the moment Dimitri pulled your sorry ass out of the dirt! You continue to spare the lives of those pathetic humans!"

Neither of us wanted to engage in a fight, it wouldn't have been pretty, there's a fifty fifty chance of either of us could win, and I really didn't like those odds. Our argument was stopped as the doors bursted open.

"Look who I found scampering about." Dimitri announced as he entered.

Dimitri had a fist full of Steve's hair in his hand as he dragged him into the room. Several of the other guards dragging Tony and Bucky in as well. I tried my best to keep my facial expressions completely neutral but I was losing it on the inside.

DAMMIT STEVE I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE, THEY'RE NOT GONNA LET YOU GO!

I stared at Steve, and he stared back. I clenched my jaw and looked over to Proxima who was practically smiling. Which was a first.